Challenge Corner discussion

Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2)
This topic is about Gemina
Let's Buddy! - Science Fiction > Gemina by Amie Kaufman -> Starting September 9th, 2019

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 51481 comments Mod
Moving to a space station at the edge of the galaxy was always going to be the death of Hanna’s social life. Nobody said it might actually get her killed.

The sci-fi saga that began with the breakout bestseller Illuminae continues on board the Jump Station Heimdall, where two new characters will confront the next wave of the BeiTech assault.

Hanna is the station captain’s pampered daughter; Nik the reluctant member of a notorious crime family. But while the pair are struggling with the realities of life aboard the galaxy’s most boring space station, little do they know that Kady Grant and the Hypatia are headed right toward Heimdall, carrying news of the Kerenza invasion.

When an elite BeiTech strike team invades the station, Hanna and Nik are thrown together to defend their home. But alien predators are picking off the station residents one by one, and a malfunction in the station’s wormhole means the space-time continuum might be ripped in two before dinner. Soon Hanna and Nik aren’t just fighting for their own survival; the fate of everyone on the Hypatia—and possibly the known universe—is in their hands.

But relax. They’ve totally got this. They hope.

si ( ◠‿◠ ) (buriedunderbooks) | 546 comments Pages 1-145
(view spoiler)

si ( ◠‿◠ ) (buriedunderbooks) | 546 comments Pages 146-284

(view spoiler)

message 4: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer | 3006 comments Mod
Hmm, not sure how to tell you where I am. I'm listening to the audio and my hard copy doesn't have page numbers.

22% - (view spoiler)
49% - (view spoiler)
76% - Oh snap! (view spoiler)

message 5: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sierra wrote: "Pages 146-284

I love their combination of terror and humor. They have it down so perfectly. One minute you’re s..."

I totally agree! I'm sickened and laughing and weeping all at the same time. So good!

message 6: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finished - (view spoiler)

This was so good! I want to jump right into Obsidio. Are you game for one more??

si ( ◠‿◠ ) (buriedunderbooks) | 546 comments Jennifer wrote: "Finished - Uh, yeah! I want to know how they got back to civilization! Maybe there is another ship with a portable wormhole out there. For a minute there I thought that some timey-whimey stuff hap..."

Yes! I already got it from the library! I’ll probably finish Gemina tomorrow so I can start Obsidio on friday! Feel free to start a little sooner than me tho if you want to! i’ll read it pretty quickly.

si ( ◠‿◠ ) (buriedunderbooks) | 546 comments Pages 285-471
(view spoiler)

message 9: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sierra, there is a separate thread for Obsidio

si ( ◠‿◠ ) (buriedunderbooks) | 546 comments Jennifer wrote: "Sierra, there is a separate thread for Obsidio"

Perfect! i’ll start reading Obsidio tomorrow when I finish this one!

si ( ◠‿◠ ) (buriedunderbooks) | 546 comments End
(view spoiler)

message 12: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 18876 comments Mod
Reading today! (for the third time lol)

message 13: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (last edited Sep 20, 2019 04:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 18876 comments Mod
I'm on audio, so these are approx
25% (view spoiler)
50% (view spoiler)
75% (view spoiler)
finished (view spoiler)

Marissa | 1109 comments 25% (view spoiler)

50% (view spoiler)

75% (view spoiler)

100% (view spoiler)