Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Wisdom of Milton H. Erickson. Volume II : Human Behavior and Psychotherapy
Book Issues > Add information

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Halvor (Raknes) (last edited Sep 08, 2019 10:52AM) (new) - added it

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments correct title: Wisdom of Milton H. Erickson. Volume II : Human Behavior and Psychotherapy

229 pages per my copy (ISBN 082902414X)

description:

Milton H. Erickson was one of the most creative, dynamic, and effective hypnotherapists and psychotherapists of the twentieth century. He used unconventional techniques with remarkable success. An indication of the respect Erickson gained from his peers are the words inscribed on his 1976 Benjamin Franklin Gold Medal, the highest award that the International Society of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis can bestow: "To Milton H. Erickson, M.D.–innovator, outstanding clinician, and distinguished investigator whose ideas have not only helped create the modern view of hypnosis but have profoundly influenced the practice of all psychotherapy throughout the world."

Although he wrote hundreds of papers, articles, and books in his lifetime, Erickson himself never put his techniques and methods into a clear and centralized body of work. <i>The Wisdom of Milton H. Erickson, II : Human Behavior and Psychotherapy</i> is an effort to do just that. Along with its companion volume, <i>The Wisdom of Milton H. Erickson, I : Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy</i> this book is a collection of Erickson's methods and lessons, including his feelings on the uses of objective observation, the uniqueness of the conscious mind, the realitites and abilities of the unconscious mind, the creation and use of a therapeutic environment, and many other aspects of the life and work of this remarkable thinker and teacher.

message 2: by Renske (new)

Renske | 10798 comments Done

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments Thank you!