Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Need to insert my cover

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cricket (new)

Cricket Rohman | 5 comments I'd inserted a placeholder, a temporary cover for my novel WYOMING SUNDOWN while waiting for the final cover art to be completed. The real cover is ready. How do I replace that temp cover with the real one?
I haven't been able to find a way to do that and the book is up for pre-order and goes live on Oct 1. HELP!!
Thanks in advance,
Cricket Rohman

message 2: by Emily (last edited Sep 08, 2019 10:15AM) (new)

Emily | 15430 comments Cricket, I have deleted the placeholder cover for you. Only librarians can do this. You can upload the real cover now. Note that the librarian note area is just for special notes about the book record, and it does not alert anyone to the issue. :-)

Thanks for the link Corinne.

message 3: by Cricket (new)

Cricket Rohman | 5 comments Cricket wrote: "I'd inserted a placeholder, a temporary cover for my novel WYOMING SUNDOWN while waiting for the final cover art to be completed. The real cover is ready. How do I replace that temp cover with the ..."

Corinne wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Quick link to the book"

Emily wrote: "Cricket, I have deleted the placeholder cover for you. Only librarians can do this. You can upload the real cover now. Note that the librarian note area is just for special notes about the book rec..."

Corinne wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

Quick link to the book"

Emily wrote: "Cricket, I have deleted the placeholder cover for you. Only librarians can do this. You can upload the real cover now. Note that the librarian note area is just for special notes about the book rec..."

So am I "adding a book?" or creating a new "edition?" I didn't see any other way to upload the real cover. Sorry. I've never done this before

message 4: by Cricket (new)

Cricket Rohman | 5 comments So am I "adding a book?" or creating a new "edition?" I didn't see any other way to upload the real cover. Sorry. I've never done this before.

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily | 15430 comments That's ok, if you want to post the picture of the cover we can add it for you. Go to your profile picture and click "more photos" under it, then upload your cover there.

message 6: by lethe (new)