Kenyons Minions discussion

At Death's Door (Deadman's Cross, #3)
This topic is about At Death's Door
Sea Wolves/Deadman's Cross > At Death's Door (Deadman's Cross #3)

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new) - rated it 4 stars

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments From the official website:

Cursed and betrayed, Valynda Moore died as the result of a Voodoo spell gone wrong– one that left her trapped in the form of a living Voodoo doll. Until the Hellchaser leader, Thorn, offers her a chance at redemption and a new life that could return her to a human body.

But bargains have never turned out well for Valynda. The only thing she can depend on is betrayal and backbiting politics, especially now that the Malachai, the darkest of evil that she and the crew of Deadmen have sworn to defeat, has risen. And this time the king of all demons will not be defeated, and he, too has the one thing Valynda wants most. Against her will, she is pulled into a most dangerous game where she has to choose between her worst enemy and her best friends. Winner takes the world, and her immortal soul . . .

It’s a demon-eat-demon world where the stakes have never been higher—will the Deadmen succeed or will Valynda be the one who finally sinks them all and takes the world with her?

message 2: by Charlotte, Cheesy Cakes (new) - rated it 4 stars

Charlotte (charkro) | 1786 comments As usual, let us be kind to our hordes of lurkers and use spoiler tags as appropriate for the first week. ;)

I'll go ahead and state that the spoiler tag restriction will be lifted on Sunday, Sept. 15th.

message 3: by Bren (last edited Sep 09, 2019 01:03PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bren (brencl94) | 415 comments Alright, so I'm done with the book and it's relatively good considering I didn't like the previous Deadmen books. I do have some minor complaints but Vala and Xuri make a good couple and they aren't as bland as the previous protagonists of the other two books.

(view spoiler)

Bren (brencl94) | 415 comments Did no one get the book? :(

message 5: by Marie (last edited Sep 14, 2019 08:48AM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments I did. I'm a bit busy these days and I'll just say that (view spoiler)

message 6: by Valerie (new)

Valerie | 26 comments I am so backed up right now. Ugh. It will probably be a couple more days before I can even start.

Bren (brencl94) | 415 comments (view spoiler)

message 8: by Bren (last edited Sep 14, 2019 10:59PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bren (brencl94) | 415 comments Your spoiler tag isn't showing correctly Abdullah, you have to put the text between < spoiler >...< /spoiler >, just take the spaces out.

I do remember someone asking why Adarian had backed off when Ash showed up at the hospital, and SK or someone of her team said that it was because Adarian was trying to stay under the radar, and getting into a fight with Acheron would have attracted attention towards him.

message 9: by Marie (last edited Sep 15, 2019 12:35PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Bren wrote: "t..."

Never mind, I skipped ahead in the story when I adjusted the font of my ebook and didn't notice. I just found that scene (view spoiler)

I don't really get Adarian's plan. It doesn't really make sense to me.

(view spoiler)

message 10: by Marie (last edited Sep 15, 2019 12:36PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Abdullah wrote: " ..."

(view spoiler)

message 11: by Bren (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bren (brencl94) | 415 comments That probably played a part on him retreating as well, the Malachai get drained fast when in the presence of their heirs, so he probably worried that he wouldn't be able to beat him.

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Does anyone have any new theories about stuff from new info from the book?