New Adult Book Club discussion

Elizabeth Hartey
This topic is about Elizabeth Hartey
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Q+A's > Elizabeth Hartey Q&A

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat J (new)

Kat J (katjphoenix) | 372 comments Mod

Taking a break from her busy schedule, Elizabeth Hartey joins us this week on the Q&A seat to answer any question you might have.

She is the author of books such as Cross Drop and Reel Love.

Leave your questions for her below.

message 2: by Tashia (new)

Tashia Jennings (tashia1975) | 3 comments What started your love of writing? Can you remember what book opened your heart to the written word? Do you have a favorite genre to read? To write? Is there a genre you are interested in writing but haven't ventured into yet?

message 3: by Antonella (new)

Antonella | 234 comments Hello...
Do you use famous people when creating your characters? Who have you used?

carrie thackston | 71 comments What topic or genre would you like to write about/in that you have not?

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments Tashia wrote: "What started your love of writing? Can you remember what book opened your heart to the written word? Do you have a favorite genre to read? To write? Is there a genre you are interested in writing b..."
I loved to read even as a small child. when I old enough I would spend hours at the local library and my love of reading led me to want to write my own stories. I would write short story adventures with my dolls as the main characters getting into all kinds of adventures and harrowing situations they would need to escape. LOL. I wish I had some of those stories now. I had a favorite book when I was very young that was a collection of stories about elves and fairies. It opened up a world of imagination for me and I think it was the catalyst for me wanting to create my own worlds of make-believe. Now, romance is my favorite genre to read. Any kind really. i'm a sucker for a happy ending. i'm definitely interested in writing a YA fantasy. I have one started but it's still simmering inside my head.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments Antonella wrote: "Hello...
Do you use famous people when creating your characters? Who have you used?"

I don't really use famous people per se. I do picture what my characters look like and then try to find pictures of anyone that looks like what I'm imagining to keep on my desktop as inspiration while I'm writing. They may or may not be famous. But the character always starts inside my head first and then I see if I can find someone real to match my thoughts. I like to try to match the person on my cover with the character in my book. So I've recently started picking my own models to be sure that happens. While writing dialogue I'll sometimes look at the photos to determine if I think that person would say or behave the way I'm writing them.

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments carrie thackston wrote: "What topic or genre would you like to write about/in that you have not?"
I would love to write more fantasy. My first novel was an adult women's fiction/romance fantasy and I loved writing it. There's definitely more fantasy books in my future.

message 8: by Marie (new)

Marie Lucio | 92 comments Hi,
Are you working on another series? If so, can you give us an inside to it?

message 9: by Katherine (new)

Katherine S. (katy2ish) | 110 comments Which one of your books was your favorite to write?

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments Marie wrote: "Hi,
Are you working on another series? If so, can you give us an inside to it?"

I actually have one more book to write in this series. It's Dante Battaglia's story which will be out sometime in 2020. It begins back at Bernard University and will take us post graduation years when Batt is COO of the Summit Studios. After that I have a few standalone books which I've had on the back burner for some time and am anxious to get back to.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments Katherine wrote: "Which one of your books was your favorite to write?"
Ooo that's a tough one. It's kind of like picking your favorite child. I have a special place in my heart for each one of the books in this series. I fall madly in love with the characters of each book as I'm writing it. Cross Stroke will always be special to me because Dak and Trace's story started the On the Edge series and the saga of the Bernard University bad boys. Their story flowed so easily as if it was just waiting to be written. Dalt and Nikki's story had all the feels and, I'm not ashamed to admit, had me crying at my desk a couple of times. Then there's Cross Crease, Wolfe and Heaven's story. It was a bit more difficult to write and took me longer than the other books. Wolfe's past was difficult to write about and a few readers were a teensy bit upset that I gave him such a sad childhood. But when I started writing about him, the one who had been the biggest goofball in the other books, I found myself having to show why his attitude was a compensation for what he had lived through. I didn't plan it, he just seemed to speak to me as I was writing, almost like he wrote his own story. In the end, he gave me the hardest time but I had to love him the most, because as Heaven will tell you, he was the most broken and needed more love than the other guys. LOL

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments Elizabeth wrote: "carrie thackston wrote: "What topic or genre would you like to write about/in that you have not?"
I would love to write more fantasy. My first novel was an adult women's fiction/romance fantasy and..."

P.S. I forgot to add that I would love the next one to be a young adult fantasy which I haven't tried yet

message 13: by Latifa (new)

Latifa Morrisette | 84 comments If you could spend the day with one of your characters, who would it be and who would you both do?

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments I think it would be Nikki. I love her strength and independence and how straightforward she is.
She's also a bit quirky and seems like she would be a hoot to hang out with. She's also a very loyal friend, always ready to have your back. And her family owns an Alpaca farm! How cool would it be to spend a day there?

message 15: by carrie thackston (last edited Sep 10, 2019 05:25PM) (new)

carrie thackston | 71 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "carrie thackston wrote: "What topic or genre would you like to write about/in that you have not?"
I would love to write more fantasy. My first novel was an adult women's fiction/r..."

I love young adult fantasy, well all fantasy really! That would be awesome!

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 731 comments Hi! I loved Heaven and Wolfe's story.
What are you currently working on?

message 17: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Hartey | 77 comments Nicole wrote: "Hi! I loved Heaven and Wolfe's story.
What are you currently working on?"
Hi Nicole.I'm so happy you loved their story. I'm currently working on Batt's story, the fourth book in the series.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.