Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Christian Historical Western Romance

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary Lingerfelt | 2 comments Hi! I'm looking for beta readers for a larcenous little western romance called Lovers and Leavers of Leadville. It's Christian historical fiction and has some serious subject matter, but overall it's a comedic romp, with a light, playful tone. It's 76,000 words, sweet and clean.

Here's the blurb: Kat Cardanne is a wily young woman who goes to Colorado for her gambler father's funeral, only to find that he left no money to her and her little sister. Kat has to find some way to support them and joins up with her father's old pal Soapy Smith, king of the con men. With Soapy's help, Kat devises a con game that soon has the money rolling in; but it also attracts the attention of Boone Burton, the most relentless detective in Denver. Kat soon finds herself playing a flirtatious game of cat and mouse with Boone. Will Boone capture her -- or will she capture him?

This is a Christian book with a redemption arc for Kat, but also includes a lot of gamblers and con men. The tone is meant to be like Maverick, if anyone saw that movie. I'm setting it up on BookFunnel, if anyone's interested. Thanks in advance to any takers!

Ryanpaigehoward I'm interested in being a beta reader for your book. It sounds like fun and I really like that it is faith-based!

I have never done or heard of BookFunnel... I'll look into it.

Thank you!

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary Lingerfelt | 2 comments Ryanpaigehoward wrote: "I'm interested in being a beta reader for your book. It sounds like fun and I really like that it is faith-based!

I have never done or heard of BookFunnel... I'll look into it.

Thank you!"

Hi Ryan Paige! My apologies for the belated reply. Thank you for your interest in my book! If you'll send me an email or some way to contact you privately, I'll send you the download link to the Bookfunnel page. :) Mary

Ryanpaigehoward My email is ryanheart89@comcast.net
Thank you!