What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA/Children's novel read in mid 1990s. Girl kisses a large stone (Blarney Stone?), blood dripped on her lips just before kissing it & left a stain? Possibly Ireland? ghost story? time travel?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Candace (new)

Candace | 5 comments I don’t really remember too much about this book. I read it either in elementary or junior high school. I mostly remember one part where the main character (a girl, maybe 12-16) kisses a large stone, possibly the Blarney Stone, and I believe blood dripped on her lips just before kissing it and the stain was left there. I want to say it was the Blarney Stone because I believe she had to lean over dangerously to kiss it. Which I guess would put this story in Ireland. I’m not positive, but there may have been a ghost element to the story? Or maybe time traveling? Does this sound familiar to anyone?

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Candace ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 96 from two months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 3: by Summer (new)

Summer | 245 comments Maybe The Keepsake?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33349 comments Mod
Candace, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine.

message 5: by Candace (new)

Candace | 5 comments So sorry, I actually forgot about this post. The Keepsake seems a bit too dark for the book I am thinking of, but thank you!
I read this book in the mid 90's. I want to say it is a YA. Definitely a chapter book.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33349 comments Mod
I added more details to the topic header, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Keepsake (other topics)