What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Children’s short story (in collection?) on cassette, late 80s/early90s: haunted house is actually a hidden spaceport!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lira (new)

Lira | 1 comments I’m looking for a children’s Halloween short story I would listen to on cassette when I was little, probably around 1990-92; it was likely in a collection of other spooky kids’ stories. It features a kid (or maybe a couple of kids?) who investigate the neighborhood’s notorious haunted house, get thoroughly spooked by weirdness, and then discover that it’s actually just the cover for an intergalactic travel hub. A friendly alien walks them through the place, shows them how all the phenomena they’ve experienced are just illusions designed to keep nosy humans away, and basically gives them a tour of a spaceport. I vaguely remember a scene where they’re at a restaurant or bar, and if memory serves, the kids are drinking a weird alien concoction that is a bunch of different flavors that changes as you drink it, which sounded like the coolest thing ever to tiny me.

Does anyone else remember this thing, or have the vaguest idea what it might be called?

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4069 comments Mod
Lira ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 100 from two months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!