Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Tower Teams VII > Sinful Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,049 (1049 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Sep 07, 2019 11:38AM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30795 comments Mod

Pick Your Drink. Pick your Book. Let's Talk

message 2: by Sonia (new)

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10118 comments

message 3: by Eldarwen (new)

Eldarwen | 9598 comments Mod

message 4: by Ambi (new)

Ambi | 614 comments Ahh I've been waiting for so long!

message 5: by Sarah (last edited Sep 07, 2019 12:39PM) (new)

Sarah | 175 comments I've never played before, but this looks so fun! And I LOVE the theme and the artwork you used!

message 6: by Alysa (new)

Alysa H. | 3565 comments This will be my first Tower Teams too. Very exciting!

message 7: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 693 comments I'm so excited! This is my first Tower Teams. I've heard about it quite a bit since the last one, so I'm excited to join in this time around.

message 8: by Camilla (new)

Camilla | 1744 comments Those drinks definitely look dangerous!

Marythios (AkaSusanne ) | 163 comments Sinful chatter abounds will it be Lust that steams up my book shelf or gluttony rule my universe cause I sure like a challenge. Will greed show my true colors or Envy push me out of my shell to try a recommendation. Will Pride make my bookshelf shine or will sloth hold me back from my true potential. In the end will Wraith allow me to dominate. We will see how my sins are bared for all to see. I will be sinfully delighted to climb the tower.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 4903 comments Another great concept for TT's! Thank you Mods. Can't wait to play)

I started playing in TT2. Just wondering how many out there have played in all the Tower Teams?

message 11: by Cat (new)

Cat (cat_uk) | 6493 comments Mod
eeeeeeeeeeeeh! excited already!

message 12: by Navi (new)

Navi (nvsahota) | 618 comments Susanne wrote: "Sinful chatter abounds will it be Lust that steams up my book shelf or gluttony rule my universe cause I sure like a challenge. Will greed show my true colors or Envy push me out of my shell to try..."

I love this!!😆

Marythios (AkaSusanne ) | 163 comments Navi wrote: "Susanne wrote: "Sinful chatter abounds will it be Lust that steams up my book shelf or gluttony rule my universe cause I sure like a challenge. Will greed show my true colors or Envy push me out of..."
Thank You!!

message 14: by Kaley (new)

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1001 comments So excited for this. TT6 was my first TT and I had so much fun. Love this theme too!

message 15: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 | 1607 comments Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Another great concept for TT's! Thank you Mods. Can't wait to play)

I started playing in TT2. Just wondering how many out there have played in all the Tower Teams?"

Hi Lisa - I’ve signed up again too, I dipped out last year as was busy packing up and moving - hope we can be on the same team again.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - oi, oi, oi!

LOL

message 16: by Tati (new)

Tati | 1100 comments I'm sooooo ready for this

(or so I think LOL)

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) | 4248 comments This will be fun!

message 18: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1480 comments OMG YAY!!!!! I love this challenge!!

@Susanne - you’re hysterical!! What a fun, clever way to look at things, you SINNER! :)

Marythios (AkaSusanne ) | 163 comments Vicki wrote: "OMG YAY!!!!! I love this challenge!!

@Susanne - you’re hysterical!! What a fun, clever way to look at things, you SINNER! :)"

Lol Everyday in Every way LOL I am glad I made you laugh.

message 20: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 1480 comments Me too, Susanne. :)

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 4903 comments Sally906 wrote: "Lisa - (Aussie Girl) wrote: "Another great concept for TT's! Thank you Mods. Can't wait to play)

I started playing in TT2. Just wondering how many out there have played in all the Tower Teams?"

H..."

Oh yes Sally. We need to get the band, I mean the Aussie TT back together, LOL.

message 22: by Abir (new)

Abir (abirbee) | 536 comments At last

message 23: by Chris (new)

Chris (cdavies1951) | 2192 comments Looking forward to it!

message 24: by Annalisa (new)

Annalisa | 1239 comments I love the theme and the added incentive to clean the TBR shelf...or as these challenges always do add to my TBR shelf.

message 25: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (jazzykitty) | 1549 comments Signed up and excited to play! This is also my first TT so I'm a bit nervous!

message 26: by [[ Frankie ]] (new)

[[ Frankie ]] (freedbyfiction) | 536 comments Yay! I didn’t miss Sign Ups this time! Thank goodness... ;p

message 27: by Allison (new)

Allison | 54 comments First time playing and I'm excited! I've heard so much buzz about TT in the past, so definitely looking forward to playing

message 28: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (librovert) | 2016 comments I'M SO GLAD THIS IS BACK. I need the motivational push to get some reading in, I feel like I've been in a reading slump all year. ;_;

message 29: by Christina (last edited Sep 08, 2019 06:01PM) (new)

Christina (chrissy__) | 1492 comments I already made a quick overview of the sins and how books will match them on my phone. I put a macthing coloured emoji from the food section in front of each sin - I guess we all know what my sin is x)

message 30: by Alysa (new)

Alysa H. | 3565 comments LOL Christina!

I don’t know what my sin is. Probably all seven.

message 31: by Melindam (last edited Sep 08, 2019 11:36PM) (new)

Melindam | 2086 comments Finally back to a computer where I could sign up! So much looking forward to this challenge.

I can see that all book/reading-challenge Gluttons (including me, of course) are gathering about these Towers of Sins like vultures. ;)

description

message 32: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1607 comments Christina wrote: "I already made a quick overview of the sins and how books will match them on my phone. I put a macthing coloured emoji from the food section in front of each sin - I guess we all know what my sin i..."

Oh my god, this is a great idea. Now I have to do this.

message 33: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrissy__) | 1492 comments I was just planning on colour matching the sins, but then they all ended up being food items 🙈

message 34: by Cat (new)

Christina wrote: "I was just planning on colour matching the sins, but then they all ended up being food items 🙈"

sad that lust isn't purple, for appropriate aubergine/eggplant emoji use! ;-P

message 35: by Christina (new)

Christina (chrissy__) | 1492 comments Hahaha ikr! I used the grapes instead x)

message 36: by Mary C (last edited Sep 09, 2019 07:21AM) (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 4924 comments Debating. This starts the day I leave for my honeymoon. Also wondering how the sins will work. Not a huge YA fan. Is there going to be like a week where we have to read only those books or how does that work?

Also I didn't see the sign up link.

message 37: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 4924 comments Well I reread it and so it looks like the answer is no to there being a week of reading YA or whatever.

But we are limited to the parameters set by the sins?

(I'm feeling a bit of challenge burn out of having to read for specific criteria, but at the same time, I love these challenges)

message 38: by Cat (last edited Sep 09, 2019 07:29AM) (new)

Mary, sign up link is in this post

And as always, you can read what you like (meeting the minimum criteria, of course). The sins are where you assign books, so we can see how they are being used. There's no plan for weeks to read just a certain genre. If you don't read YA, that'll be fine!

ETA. Re your second questions: no, you aren't. And if you read a book that didn't fit most of the criteria, there is still the Greed pot, which can be used for books that don't fit anywhere else. :)

ETA2: the three elements for each sin (cover colour / genre / criteria) are independent. If you read a yellow book with space opera genre you can choose where you want to put it.

message 39: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 4924 comments The greed pot says the genre has to be dystopia.

But I guess I was reading how to assign book wrong? I read it as the book had to meet all those things, for example in order to be assigned to greed it had to be a dystopian book with a yellow cover, etc.., That was looking like more work than I want to put into finding books right after Wheel of brown, Right side up and Lava.

message 40: by Cat (new)

Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary wrote: "The greed pot says the genre has to be dystopia.

But I guess I was reading how to assign book wrong? I read it as the book had to meet all those things, for example in order to be assigned to gre..."

no! good grief, just how crazy do you think the Chipmunks are?! (no, don't answer that!)

it's a "meet one of the requirements" thing.

message 41: by Alysa (new)

Alysa H. | 3565 comments Do we get bonus points if we find a book that meets ALL the requirements? Because that would be awesome. Not that I have any ideas. I'm just saying.

Also, @Mary: you mean you aren't going to spend your honeymoon reading? ;D

message 42: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 4924 comments I just spent 2 hours trying to find a book with an official detective/crime fighter with both initials from the word POISON. So....,

Marythios (AkaSusanne ) | 163 comments Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary wrote: "I just spent 2 hours trying to find a book with an official detective/crime fighter with both initials from the word POISON. So....,"
that is so frustrating but i find myself doing the same thing to meet requirements it can be so frustrating. By the time you get to read the book you want to fling it across the room cause it does not interest you but you some how power through it and read it cause you need the task done.

message 44: by Cat (new)

Alysa wrote: "Do we get bonus points if we find a book that meets ALL the requirements? Because that would be awesome. Not that I have any ideas. I'm just saying..."

hush your mouth! I have been trying the make the sheets simple to use. I'm not going back through to create a trifecta option now!

message 45: by Jessi (new)

Jessi (jazzykitty) | 1549 comments Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary wrote: "I just spent 2 hours trying to find a book with an official detective/crime fighter with both initials from the word POISON. So....,"

The Fourth Monkey
Detective Sam Porter
It's also on KU

message 46: by Mary C (last edited Sep 09, 2019 08:31AM) (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 4924 comments I have found several that I am willing to read. But I'm not willing to buy one so and there's a library wait list for most of them, there in lies my problem.

But part of that is also that my local library has a stupid thing where your card expires every year and I have to go in person to renew it even though I am in there regularly to physically check out stuff. Very annoying but I am currently locked out of my local library network and the 6 connected library systems.

So I was only able to check the out of state library cards I have: Brooklyn and Philadelphia.

message 47: by Alysa (new)

Alysa H. | 3565 comments Cat wrote: "Alysa wrote: "Do we get bonus points if we find a book that meets ALL the requirements? Because that would be awesome. Not that I have any ideas. I'm just saying..."

hush your mouth! I have been t..."

LOL, I am glad that thing about getting points deducted if you anger the Mods is not in effect yet, or else Cat would be docking me right now!

message 48: by Cat (new)

hahahahaah! and you think we wouldn't start now? land your team in negative from the start?!

hmmmm.... shall I go see if I can persuade the others that that'd be fun...?

message 49: by Kaley (new)

Kaley (kaleyamo) | 1001 comments Mary, Mary, Just a bit contrary wrote: "I have found several that I am willing to read. But I'm not willing to buy one so and there's a library wait list for most of them, there in lies my problem.

But part of that is also that my loca..."

Every year?! Yikes! Mine is every three years — thank goodness, since I moved out of the county after renewing and am just hoping to move back to that county before it expires again.

Come to think of it....your library probably has that requirement because of people like me. :-|

message 50: by ✿~Danielle~✿ (new)

✿~Danielle~✿ (dmh1) | 4230 comments Looks fun :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 20 21