Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang, 1 star

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen (jentrewren) | 492 comments Oh dear for a light and fluffy read this took me a week. It was painful. I know many others have loved it, and possibly I read it at the wrong time, but for two apparently intelligent, attractive people to go to those lengths for love.....unbelievable. A whole heap of drama could have been avoided by just being honest. Since Stella had ASD I don't understand how she was not honest and logical. Those are the features I love in my friends with ASD. She just would not be sneaky so chunks just did not ring true.
The quantity of sex description almost verged on 50 shades but with less bondage and the girl being the loaded one. Why can't people who are broke ever fall for others who are broke and make it together? Nah just not my thing at all.

message 2: by Doughgirl5562 (new)

Doughgirl5562 | 718 comments Well that's a bummer! I picked up the audio of this book during an Audible sale this summer since it had good reviews. Since I own it now, I'll probably still listen to it ... or at least start LOL.

message 3: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5518 comments I didn't love it, but put part of it down to not reading romance.

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen (jentrewren) | 492 comments Have to confess I'm not much for romance books either and it was also not a great time in life to be reading one so I may have been even harsher than normal. Don't be put off by me as my tastes in books are not the norm at all. There are only a couple in my other group who have similar tastes.