Chapel Hill Science Fiction and Fantasy Book Club discussion

The Great Genre Fiction Venn Diagram

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Timothy (new)

Timothy McDonald | 17 comments Is this the diagram everyone was asking about at the last club meeting?

message 2: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 59 comments Mod
That’s a very interesting take on it - I’m still into my plan to create a scatter plot, so everyone can have their vote counted. Democratize speculative fiction!?!

message 3: by Chad (new)

Chad (chadqueen) | 70 comments Mod
Good find Tim! I know where The Poppy War lands on this diagram, so it is applicable for one more example. Though, does historical only represent recounts/retellings/references to actual earth history or also fictional history like The Poppy War that gives historical feel with purely made up history. I think the historical blob could overlap more, including the horror section even for actual history.

message 4: by Timothy (new)

Timothy McDonald | 17 comments I think Kathryn is dead on. However the bubbles overlap is a personal, subjective thing so there probably is not "One True Diagram". The closest thing would probably be some kind of frequency map that show the fuzzy boundaries.

Here is the article that chart came from. I just did a Google looking for a fun photo to post here so I don't necessarily agree with the author.

https://annieneugebauer.com/2014/03/2...

Chapel Hill Science Fiction and Fantasy Book Club

unread topics | mark unread