Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Question on Procedures

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Albert (new)

Albert | 2407 comments My understanding is that if you can't find the correct cover on a valid site, such as Amazon, and you have a copy of the book, you can scan cover, add it to your profile pictures and ask that it be used. Is that wrong? I have tried this approach a couple of times with a particular book and no action was taken. If I am taking the wrong approach, please let me know what the right approach is. Thanks!

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23245 comments That is correct Albert. Please state when you are adding the cover the isbn and that it a scan of your copy of the book. If your book doesn't have an isbn, please state some details so we are sure it is the correct edition.

It may just be that your previous post was missed, unfortunately that sometimes happens.

message 3: by Albert (new)

Albert | 2407 comments Sandra,

Thanks for the feedback. I have submitted this request three times now, the latest instance was about twelve hours ago. I can see other people's requests are being responded to, but my request is only being viewed. I made sure to include the ISBN. It still feels like I must be missing something.

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4570 comments Removed my post as rivka has answered on another post. :)

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23245 comments I've added the cover. I noticed that you hadn't bumped your request since late August. Once they get too far back no one sees them, so you just write bump until it gets answered, about every 2 or 3 days is best.

And yay for a photo of the Opera House & Bridge, my home town :D