Gone with the Book discussion

October 2019 > October 2019 25th to 31st

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie (last edited Sep 07, 2019 04:47AM) (new)

Melanie | 7 comments Mod
description

message 2: by Majdouline (new)

Majdouline | 6 comments I will be reading All quiet on the Western Front from Remarque published in 29

message 3: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Goforth I’ll be reading Marjory Fleming by Oriel Malet.

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily Boivin | 4 comments I have my copy coming from Amazon. Looking forward to reading a new author.

message 5: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Clough (nonni2) | 6 comments I just happened to have recently ordered this one from Persephone. So I’m going to read it. I live those editions and am slowly trying to collect them. So many interesting suggestions!

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen | 4 comments I’m reading the World my Wilderness

message 7: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 7 comments Mod
I am just about to start House Bound

message 8: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (sophron) | 5 comments I will be reading The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim.

message 9: by Karen (new)

Karen | 4 comments I’m going to read Housebound as well

message 10: by Britta (new)

Britta Böhler | 3 comments I just bought The Heat of the Day by Elizabeth Bowen (1948) to read in October. But might pick up Housebound as well...

message 11: by Emily (new)

Emily Boivin | 4 comments Just started House -Bound this morning.

message 12: by Kim (new)

Kim | 4 comments Just had a peek at Christina Stead's The Beauties And Furies. There's a lot of light energy in the writing, which might be a great foil for some other contemporary library books I'm trying to finish reading before they are due back to the library. So hope to read that one through to the end of the book, fingers crossed :D
The Beauties And Furies by Christina Stead

message 13: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 7 comments Mod
Kim wrote: "Just had a peek at Christina Stead's The Beauties And Furies. There's a lot of light energy in the writing, which might be a great foil for some other contemporary li..."

Ooh, never even heard of her :) I shall put that on my TBR

message 14: by Melanie (new)

Melanie | 7 comments Mod
Talking a bit about Home-Bound in today's video.... https://youtu.be/p_fpoUtDDpE

message 15: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (sophron) | 5 comments I've finished my first book by Elizabeth von Arnim, Enchanted April, and it was sometimes quite charming, but overall too sweet and cheesy for my taste.

message 16: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Clough (nonni2) | 6 comments Emily wrote: "Just started House -Bound this morning."

Finished House-Bound yesterday morning. I enjoyed it. I LOVE those Persephone editions. Part of the enjoyment was the physical book itself.