fantasy book lovers!! discussion

Other > the hunger games

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) just over half way through the first book and i am totally addicted to it. am so hooked guess everyone was right about it being such a good read.
what do you guys think about this book?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

One word:

Obsessed!!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

3 words

I loved it!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

ok so wat is this book about? everyone says how good it is, but everytime i pick it up, I decide to read something else. should i really read it?

message 5: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) I would read it Alicia. I really liked it. I wouldn't say I'm crazy obsessed or anything, but I couldn't put it down when I was reading it. I hear Catching Fire is even better (don't read about it unless you are done with Hunger Games, it will spoil it for you). I ordered Catching Fire, but I'm not reading it for a couple weeks. Can't wait though!

message 6: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i want to read it again but i wont lol

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Alica, it's about a girl who sacrafices herself to save her sister then instead of dying she goes through a lot of things and ends up winning the compition. It has a lot of action but it's also a romanes book.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

:] I will definitely read this then. Thx guys :D

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

No prob 8)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Team Peeta all the way.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

WARNING: SPOILER!!!!

SPOILER ALERT! DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT A HUGE SPOILER!!

Okay, in the last sentence of Catching Fire it says, and I quote:

"Katniss, there is no District Twelve."

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so fuc*ing upset!!!

ƙămįƞāŕı« (hellokaty) OH MY JEEZ IM HALF WAY THROUGH IT AND I LOVE IT ITS LIKE MY #1 FAVE BOOK!!!!

has any one finished it yet? i need to get what i think about the events out but i dnt want to spoil the book for ne one!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey, katy!

message 15: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Katy wrote: "OH MY JEEZ IM HALF WAY THROUGH IT AND I LOVE IT ITS LIKE MY #1 FAVE BOOK!!!!

has any one finished it yet? i need to get what i think about the events out but i dnt want to spoil the book for ne one!"

just start another topic that way you wont spoil it for anyone : )

ƙămįƞāŕı« (hellokaty) I'm done with the book, Jeez it has such a huge cliff hanger!!!
Now I can't wait for the 3rd book! It better not have a cliff hanger since it's the last book!

message 17: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) am sure with it being the last book she will wrap it all up

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

She better! OR else I will find her!

message 19: by Jodie (new)

Jodie | 2 comments I can't wait!!! I have to know what happens. Its going to drive me crazy

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

It's really good till the end.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

It already drove me crazy...cuz I need Catching Fire.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

That ending is also horible. . .Well not really just like this major cliff hanger

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I know I read it. I couldn't resist so I Googled it.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

nice. . .

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

I know. Without Google, I'd be very misinformed.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

have you tried Givoogle?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Que?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

It's like Google except it donates money to charity. I am a skeptic person so I double checked and it really does donate money

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh. I just checked it out. It looks cool. I will be sure to use it!

Oh, and there is also Goodsearch.com when you look up something, it donates a penny or a dollar or something to your church or school...it sounds small, but it adds up eventually.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep

message 31: by Jo (new)

Jo I love this book! So addictive!

message 32: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Jo wrote: "I love this book! So addictive! "

it really is isnt it : )

message 33: by Jo (new)

Jo Yep! I leant it to my friend after i was done. Hopefully she will love it too!

message 34: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) am sure she will if she loves to read : )

message 35: by Jo (new)

Jo Yeah she does love to read, just not as much as me lol

message 36: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) :) she will like it then

message 37: by madison (new)

madison (HBmadison) | 131 comments My favorite book series!!!!!! :D

message 38: by Jo (new)

Jo I am reading Catching Fire now :)

message 39: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) are you enjoying it so far?

message 40: by Jo (new)

Jo Yeah i am. I have only read about 80 pages but i can tell its going to be great.

message 41: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) oh it so is : )

message 42: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 45 comments I was so obessed with this book that I finished it less than two days. One of the best books that I have read in a long time. Finished Catching Fire about 4 days ago.

message 43: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) i got obsessed with this book too.

message 44: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 45 comments Good to know I wasn't the only one. Hate to admit that I cried in a about two or three scenes of both books. I can be realy emotional.

message 45: by Jo (new)

Jo I agree. It they were both really emotional and i also got obsessed with them. I am already considering reading them again

message 46: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 45 comments I know that I will eventually read them again eventhough I just finished them both not even a week ago.

message 47: by Jo (new)

Jo I read Hunger Games about a month ago and Catching Fire a couple of weeks ago.

message 48: by Maddie (last edited Oct 15, 2009 01:04PM) (new)

Maddie (showjumperpro) Has anyone read Battle Royale? It's about a group of students taken to an island and each given a weapon. They are told to fight to the death and that only one will survive. It's ultra violent but sooo good. I heard about the Hunger Games and I'm curious if it's a YA version of Battle Royale? I want to read (and looking forward to) it since it's highly recommended just about everywhere, but I don't want it to feel like a plagiarism of the classic. Anyway, if you aren't opposed to violence you should check out Battle Royale too.

message 49: by ~Kate~ (new)

~Kate~ (katesbooklife) Adriana wrote: "Good to know I wasn't the only one. Hate to admit that I cried in a about two or three scenes of both books. I can be realy emotional. "

i didnt cry at this one although i got the chills and i did cry when reading catching fire though

message 50: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 45 comments Horserider wrote: "Has anyone read Battle Royale? It's about a group of students taken to an island and each given a weapon.

Sounds like a good book. I'll take a look at it.

« previous 1