What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Town in Bloom
This topic is about The Town in Bloom
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Young women in London working in the theatre pre-WW2. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnasmithgrindlay) | 2 comments I read this book from my city library in the 1980's. The main character was called Mouse. I was enchanted by her and would love to re-read it. I'm fairly certain that it was set pre-WW2 as well as written in the 20's or 30's, probably early 30's. I know this is a long shot but if anyone can tell me the title I would be very grateful.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38140 comments Mod
Duplicate thread deleted - possibly caused by the GR bug.

message 3: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2180 comments Possibly The Town in Bloom by Dodie Smith - "London's theatre world of the 1920's provides a glittering backdrop for Mouse, an eighteen-year-old Lancashire girl intent on a stage career."

message 4: by Donna (new)

Donna (donnasmithgrindlay) | 2 comments Becca, you are amazing. That is it! I remember the author now. Dodie Smith also wrote "I Capture the Castle", yes? Thanks for helping out my 68 year old memory. Brilliant! How do I move this to solved? And why is my photo in negative? Thanks again - this group is fantastic!

message 5: by Becca (new)

Becca (beccalikesbooks) | 2180 comments Donna wrote: "Becca, you are amazing. That is it! I remember the author now. Dodie Smith also wrote "I Capture the Castle", yes? Thanks for helping out my 68 year old memory. Brilliant! How do I move this to sol..."

You're welcome! Yes, she wrote I Capture the Castle and 101 Dalmatians - one of my favourite authors.

You can add "Solved" to your Topic header and move it to a Solved folder by clicking "Edit" on the desktop website (not the mobile app) - or ask a Moderator to assist.