What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Presence
This topic is about The Presence
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Aquatic blob-like creature/monster Unknown title 1970s-1980s Sci-fi book. Doctor Blake Wiley. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Patrick | 8 comments Hello

I read a sci-fi book in the 1970s or 80s about a scientist who becomes involved in a struggle to defeat an aquatic blob-like monster that has started killing people near a body of water.

The story is set in the USA.

The monster is capable of becoming highly intelligent if taught.

I believe the scientist's name was Blake Wiley.

I cannot remember the author's name and I have no idea about the date of publication.

I thought the name of the book was "The Presence", but I've had zero success finding it, so that title may be wrong.

Sorry my information is so scant.

Any Ideas?

Patrick

message 2: by SamSpayedPI (last edited Sep 06, 2019 11:49PM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1576 comments It's The Presence by Rodgers Clemens, I'd bet.

"Something deadly lurked deep within a lake near the shores of Chicago. Young scientist Blake Riley figured the monster to weigh at least 20 tons. It had to be killed or tamed -- before it struck again!"

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37536 comments Mod
Patrick, please put some of those plot details into your topic header. Every post in the group is required to have plot details.

message 4: by Patrick (last edited Sep 07, 2019 12:25PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Patrick | 8 comments SamSpayedPI

That's it! Thank you!

I have looked for that book for years. I'm surprised that I had the title right.

And the protagonist's name was really close too. Wiley was Riley. That makes sense.

I will get another copy of this book soon.

Again, Thank you very much. This problem has literally bugged me for years.

Best Regards

Patrick

--

SamSpayedPI wrote: "It's The Presence by Rodgers Clemens, I'd bet.

"Something deadly lurked deep within a lake near the shores of Chicago. Young scientist Blake Riley figured the monst..."

Patrick | 8 comments Lobstergirl

Okay - done.

Thanks.

Patrick
--

Lobstergirl wrote: "Patrick, please put some of those plot details into your topic header. Every post in the group is required to have plot details."

message 6: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1576 comments You're welcome -- glad you found your book!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Presence (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Rodgers Clemens (other topics)