The Spirit Kingdom discussion

the kingdom > the announcement board

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ}, We are all one (new)

Ƒᴀվᘔᴀ... {Iɱ Ꮗҽíཞᗪ} (lovefayfay) | 1649 comments Mod

The Announcement Board was funded by princess Acelin Alain to better hear the people's opinions on things such as public policies, events, and issues within their community. The board is plain wood and sturdy with room for citizens to post their concerns, questions, or suggestions. It has a small plaque in the bottom left-hand corner that reads a set of guidelines.

To keep the functionality of the announcement board I, Princess Acelin, do urge you to follow a few guidelines when taking advantage of this resource.

1. Please refrain from tearing past letters off of the board.
Only guards designated to send the letters to the castle are tasked with clearing the board.

2. Speak openly about what you truly think.
You don't need to sign your letter, and while we would appreciate one that is civil and constructive, learning your true opinions and concerns is more important than the ego.

3. Make a copy of your letter if possible.
Should your letter be destroyed in the event of rain or other forms of damage, making a copy to replace the original would be recommended.

4. Follow up with the answer.
Once enough letters have amassed an announcement will be sent out addressing all the themes, ideas, questions, concerns, and other material in ALL of the letters.

5. Know what you want to say.
The more specific you are with your material the more comprehensive of an answer or response I can give. Due to the promise that all letters are answered, I would greatly appreciate that letters are kept simple and straight to the point. Not necessarily short, but only comprised of necessary content.

Your cooperation is appreciated, and I hope to be able to fix what ails you
~Princess Acelin Alain

message 2: by Iesha (In east shade house at...) (last edited Sep 18, 2019 11:47PM) (new)

Iesha (In east shade house at...) (emberblue) | 763 comments Dear Princess Acelin,

I want to tell you that I like your long, black hair, and silver or grey eyes. I wished I looked more like you, then maybe my family would have kept me. I'm wanted to write you to tell you that a lot of people aren't happy with the way things are being run here. Some complain of the King's ruling and others hate the merging of different people from different kingdoms. I want to find my place here, but I'm nothing but a street urchin. I have to do stuff just to get food because I don't have any money. I guess I'm asking for more food for people like me who don't have any money and have to do stuff to get food.

P.S. Finding my family would be a wish come true too, but I get it if you are busy. I just want a warm place to live and food that I don't have to take.

~Just a Street Urchin

message 3: by Weird And Odd (new)

Weird And Odd | 823 comments Mod
Dear Anonymous,

I very much dislike the term ”street urchin”, as it denotes a sort of burden. First, of, I would like to commend you on your courage to admit to having to steal to survive. Although you could technically be punished for it, bringing such to my knowledge will ultimately help me decrease the need for such a predicament.
As for your distaste in your appearance, I'm a firm believer that everyone holds their own beauty. You, just as everyone else, hold a unique charm unmatched by myself or others. Judging by your current familial situation, I would guess you are young. Because of this, and I'm sure you are aware, living alone on the streets makes you vulnerable and can be extremely dangerous. I advise you to take up an offer for being sheltered at the castle, of which details will be provided later.
I’m aware that certain policies the king has passed have not been popular, and even though I have no say in what he does or does not do, I can assure you that I have been investing financially into many local businesses to aid in success. Although I am fully aware that this does not solve the dilemma completely, it is one step I am making to bring people such as yourself closer to financial security.
As my siblings and I have reiterated, again and again, our kingdom strives to promote equality and a positive attitude towards the diversity our population holds. Unfortunately, that can only come with time and education. But until that happens we will continue pushing the narrative of equitable actions towards all people.

This is the second issue of this note, as it will only be posted after the child has been found. My plan of action is to take them in, house, feed, clothe, and teach them until grow old enough to make decisions on their own. In which case they will be given money to start a business in any of the kingdoms and the ability to start off on equal footing with the majority of business-owning citizens. If you have any questions about my decision on this matter, please write me a letter.

~Princess Acelin