Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The House Always Wins
This topic is about The House Always Wins
Book Issues > Author Name Changes

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Hurricane (eshurricane) | 4 comments Hi there! I flagged this as one of my books, but it affects all of them. I've recently switched all of my books on Amazon to different pennames to organize them from a business perspective, and am trying desperately to update it here on Goodreads.

I tried to update with new editions to then combine them, but when I try to create a new edition it won't let me because the ASIN is the same (I just updated my current amazon uploads, so the ASIN didn't change). Then I did an alternate cover edition, but now that won't let me combine the editions.

I saw in a previous post that author names can't be changed on GR. If that's the case, would it be possible to just delete all of my book listings so I can add them again as new titles? Or am I stuck just adding the new pennames as secondary author?

Thank you so much for your time!
Emily

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott Looks like you created the alternate editions okay, and they are combined. Two things:

1. You'll need to have support change your name to the properly-punctuated one.

2. The new editions still have to have Emily S. Hurricane as the primary author.

message 3: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Hurricane (eshurricane) | 4 comments Thanks for your help :)