Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Kat Seaholm
This topic is about Kat Seaholm
Book Issues > Author Name Change

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie Holmburg | 4 comments Hi,
I recently switched my books over from my pen name Kat Seaholm to my real name Katie Holmburg.
The Seeker Files series currently contains 2 books.
Book One: In Search of Justice
Book Two: In Search of Healing.
I've already made the changes on Amazon, will these changes transfer over automatically? If not, is there some way that I can get it changed?
Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18310 comments Your real name can be added as a secondary author if you like.
The primary author name cannot be changed.

message 3: by Katie (last edited Sep 06, 2019 05:59PM) (new)

Katie Holmburg | 4 comments Scott wrote: "Your real name can be added as a secondary author if you like.
The primary author name cannot be changed."

How would that work? Would it come up as under both Katie Holmburg and Kat Seaholm? Or would it be better if I deleted the books and readded them under my real name? I plan on this being a six book series and any other books that I write will be under Katie Holmburg as well

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18310 comments Books must retain the original name under which they are published as primary author. The books cannot be deleted.

If your new name is added, they will appear under both profiles.

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie Holmburg | 4 comments Scott wrote: "Books must retain the original name under which they are published as primary author. The books cannot be deleted.

If your new name is added, they will appear under both profiles."

Then how do I add my name as a secondary author? I'm trying to get this all straightened out. I appreciate your help with this matter

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott | 18310 comments I have added Katie Holmburg to the books.

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie Holmburg | 4 comments Thank you for your help!