What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult Fantasy book about a youngish girl traveling underground with a dragon/man love interest

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caitlyn Doctor (new)

Caitlyn Doctor | 2 comments So I read this book in my pre-teens so roughly between 1999 and 2005, but I believe it was older than that (seemed like maybe an 80s fantasy book). I will apologize in advance because my memories are very vague and there is a chance that some plot details will be flat out wrong because I'm conflating it with a different book. I think it was part of a series, and not the first book because I remember being confused on some plot points. But the main character was a young woman who was traveling through caves, or underground, with a handsome mysterious man who somehow was also a dragon I think? I want to say there was a stone in his chest or something. I remember a kind of intense romance situation and I think the guy dies at the end, or you think he dies, or is about to die? The actual book was a thick paperback that looked like every Anne McCaffrey book. It may even be an Anne McCaffery book but I looked through every plot synopsis and nothing rang a bell. The cover was mostly in orange tones. Also I think the main mysterious guy wore a cloak a lot, and I believe the main girl was an orphan or on the run from someone. So sorry, this is really vague information but I read it so long ago that's all that's left in my brain. Thanks in advance!

message 2: by Caitlyn Doctor (new)

Caitlyn Doctor | 2 comments Figured it out! It was the first two books from The Symphony of Ages series by Elizabeth Haydon, Rhapsody & Prophecy. Happened to come upon the cover in a used bookstore