Doctor Who Target Book Club Podcast discussion

Doctor Who and the Day of the Daleks
DAY OF THE DALEKS

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tony (new)

Tony Whitt (goodreadscomemperordalek) | 78 comments Mod
Here we are discussing Terrance Dicks' novelization of DAY OF THE DALEKS! If you want to hear your review of or comments on this book read on the air, or you have a specific question about the book, please post it here by no later than midnight CST on Sunday, September 8!

message 2: by Dave (new)

Dave  Davis | 36 comments I have a distinct, but false, memory of a final scene where the Doctor and Jo meet themselves in a mirror of their earlier scene. This memory is entirely due to Terrance Dicks' book, which improved on the television version in other ways too, not least in not having to listen to the awful Dalek voices. Until the recent special edition DVD, the novelisation was undeniably the best version, with enough Daleks and Ogrons to have a chance of carrying out their plan. Even with the special edition the book is still a contender.

Michael (bigorangemichael) | 45 comments Sorry I missed out on a participating in the on-air discussion of this one. This was one of the first Target books I read (under the Pinnacle banner) and I loved it.

I listened to the audio version when it was released a few years ago and it stood the test of time.

Seeing how could Terrance Dicks could be just made his loss a bit more difficult...