Urban Fantasy series' discussion

General > Halloween Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JP (new)

JP Reads (jpfantasyreads) | 721 comments Mod
If anyone has any recommendations for good Urban Fantasy/Horror books to read around Halloween time, please list them below.

message 2: by Maria (new)

Maria Schneider (BearMountainBooks) I highly recommend Frank Tuttle's Dead Man's Rain for a great spooky (But not really horror in the absolute screaming sense) read! The whole series is great, but that particular one is just a Halloween treat, I think.

Let me think. I know there are more things I can think of.

message 3: by Maria (new)

Maria Schneider (BearMountainBooks) Oh! I know of another good one. It's available in Chesapeake Crimes: This Job Is Murder (I think.) It's called Next Stop Foggy Bottom. She let me put it up on my blog as a free Send to Kindle (It's still there if you want a ghost story. I'm not sure that makes it urban fantasy...but it's a good story). And I'm not sure if it's okay to post about it here since it's on my blog. But if you go to the blog store and scroll down to the bottom you can find it as a free send to kindle. Look for Next Stop Foggy Bottom or Karen Cantwell's name. You just click on the link and it takes you to the page where you can click and log into your Amazon account. Then Amazon grabs the story and sends it right to your Kindle.

www.BearMountainBooks.com/store

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 21 comments Little known books that I love...

Shade (Shade, #1) by Jeri Smith-Ready Beg for Mercy (Cambion, #1) by Shannon Dermott Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1) by Suzanne Wright Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #1) by H.D. Gordon Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1) by Dianne Duvall The Becoming (Anna Strong Chronicles, #1) by Jeanne C. Stein Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard, #1) by Melissa F. Olson

message 6: by Nicky (new)

Nicky Peacock (NickyPeacock-Author) | 3 comments Nicky Peacock
Bad Blood

Bad Blood (Battle of the Undead #1) by Nicky Peacock

I've just had my urban fantasy/ horror, Bad Blood come out. It's vampires VS zombies. I'd really love some feedback from group members :)

message 7: by Nicky (new)

Nicky Peacock (NickyPeacock-Author) | 3 comments Sebastian GregoryThe Asylum for Fairy Tale Creatures
The Asylum for Fairy Tale Creatures by Sebastian Gregory

Also a very scary read - I actually recoiled from my Kindle at one scene!

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 28 comments Anna Dressed in Blood Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake

message 9: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (ReadingOnTheFly) I recently read Maplecroft (The Borden Dispatches #1) by Cherie Priest and that was pretty creepy and macabre.

message 10: by Sara (new)

Sara The Ruin Alexander series by Laken Cane. Fantastic writing and a very quique story.
http://www.amazon.com/Laken-Cane/e/B0...#

message 11: by JP (new)

JP Reads (jpfantasyreads) | 721 comments Mod
Thanks everyone! There are some very interesting books here.

message 12: by Maria (new)