Audiobooks discussion

Buddy Reads > Margaret Atwood's sequel The Testaments (2019-Sept-10)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Audiblelovers.com (last edited Sep 06, 2019 01:32AM) (new)

Audiblelovers.com | 76 comments I would like to buddy-listen two upcoming novels.

> Atwood's (sequel to The Handmaid's Tale) The Testaments
> King's The Institute
see 2nd thread - LINK for Institute
Both available 2019-Sept-10.

US/ UK cover

German cover

Both are available in English and German. Both are published in print and on audible UK, USA, CA, Australia and Germany

I would like to discuss both audiobooks till the end of the year 2019.
Everybody is welcome.

Please use Spoiler tags.
See How to add spoilers to Goodreads

audible.com link
audible.co.uk link
audible.ca link
audible.com link
audible.fr link

German version: Die Zeuginnen
audible.com link
audible.co.uk link

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma | 3 comments I've pre-ordered The Testaments

Audiblelovers.com | 76 comments I’ve received a message that it is able to download (-; ツ

message 4: by Most (new)

Most (mostmagenta) | 6 comments The audiobook was really well done. Great voice actors for the different characters. I think the actress that plays Aunt Lydia in the TV show is voicing that character in the audiobook. Bryce Dallas Howard, (who I only know from Black Mirror) voices a young girl really well and actress, Mae Whitman, voices another teenage character. There is male character later in the book that I didn't find quite so well voiced, and who annoyed me by being a bit stereotyped maybe? But overall it was incredibly engaging- a binge listen!

message 5: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 44 comments I'm reading this on the page, but will listen to the audiobook later. I saw a Fathom Event about this and Ann Dowd who plays Aunt Lydia on the show read one excerpt from the book. Lily James and Sally Hawkins each read another. I was crossing my fingers they did the audiobook, but I guess one out of three isn't bad. ;-)

message 6: by Andi (new)

Andi (agunforhire) Rahbeka wrote: "The audiobook was really well done. Great voice actors for the different characters. I think the actress that plays Aunt Lydia in the TV show is voicing that character in the audiobook. Bryce Dalla..."

I just finished the audiobook. I liked all three narrators, I think they did a great job. Aunt Lydia's, and Agnes' accounts were my favorites, though. It was so interesting learning more about how these women/girls fared in Gilead, one an aunt, one a commander's daughter.

Audiblelovers.com | 76 comments I also liked the narration very much, but narration isn’t everything.

I listened to the prequel the week before.
Very cool although it seemed Atwood hates males...
We are not as bad (-; ツ
I loved the tape sounds after every chapter.

I don’t know the movie and the series.....

“The Institute“:
I don‘t understand why MA wrote it.
34 years later.

Recently I heard that they found the sequel to “Clockwork Orange“.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/25/clockw...

Very strange....

I can‘t remember any sequel worth reading.