Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > cash4books.net ?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie (katieisallbooked) | 319 comments Has anyone ever sold books through this site? I saw it on Dr. Phil earlier in the week and checked it out yesterday. Looks like it's on the up and up and fairly easy to do. I was just curious if anyone has actual experience with them and how it went.

message 2: by Rose (new)

Rose (roseo) No, but I'm curious, too.

message 3: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cyndil62) | 1774 comments No, me either, but curious too!

message 4: by Angela (new)

Angela Holland (bookaunt) no, but I may have to check it out

message 5: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new)

Sheila  | 3485 comments Mod
I sold a box of books to them once. It was easy, and they do pay quickly. Just enter the ISBN numbers of your books, and they will tell you if they will buy it. You will mainly only get money for newer release or popular books though. There are many older books they won't buy. But it is a quick way to get rid of a boxful of books. I did it to purge my shelves one time. Things they didn't buy I ended up listing on paperbackswap or donating to our library book sale. I have also sold single newer release books on half.com and that is pretty easy too, and you can get more $ from there than from cash4books. But on half.com you have to list them and then wait for someone to buy it, while at cash4books its a one time "box them up and get your money" deal.

message 6: by Katie (new)

Katie (katieisallbooked) | 319 comments Sheila - How do they know how much to send you for postage? Do you box up the books they will buy and weigh it to report to them?

I plugged in some ISBNs of books I'm looking to profit from. They'll only accept about 25% of what I have, but the prices seemed more than fair in my opinion.

message 7: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new)

Katie, once you click to send the books, then you get a mailing label to print out on your computer that they pay the postage for. I think it is some kind of "collect" postage, but you don't have to pay to mail, they pay the postage on their end when they receive your box of books. If I remember correctly, they somehow guess how much the books weigh that you are sending as you enter the isbn numbers. You just have to pack them all tightly in a box, seal the box, then put their label on it you print out, and take the box to the post office. When I took mine in the postlady just took it, no questions asked. Then once they receive your books and make sure they are all there, they send you money. I have a paypal account, so they just deposited the money into that. I think you can also ask them to mail you a check.

message 8: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new)

They may have asked me to weigh the box, but I don't remember that. I just remember printing a label out, taping it to the box, and taking it to the post office, and paying no postage.

message 9: by Nadia (new)

Nadia A (bagambo) My dad saw Dr. Phil and mentioned this to me. Its a neat idea and I'm thinking of giving it a go. I have some books I wouldn't mind selling. Glad you guys have the info about it. Thanks! It sounds easy enough.