What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Comicbook/Graphic Novel; possibly YA but could be Adult, about a group of children surviving in a city after all the adults have disappeared

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nine (new)

Nine | 4 comments A series of at least three hardcover comicbooks that I remember reading somewhere around 2009/2010, borrowed from the local library. It follows a group of children in large city where almost all of the people have disappeared. Notable events in the story include them using a car as a gate for their base, and them finally capturing a kid in a gasmask that had been hunting them for a while. I recall the series being quite graphic, and the cover of one of the books features one of the children wielding a baseball bat.

message 2: by Tathariell (new)

Tathariell | 171 comments Possibly Last Pick? There are some adults, but the main characters are children. Aliens have taken everyone they deemed "useful", and the leftovers have to survive with scraps.

message 3: by SamSpayedPI (last edited Sep 05, 2019 04:50PM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1600 comments The Girl Who Owned a City was made into a Graphic Novel. That said, in the original book, the setting was more suburban/rural than a large city (I didn't read the graphic novel).

message 4: by Nine (new)

Nine | 4 comments SamSpayedPI wrote: "The Girl Who Owned a City was made into a Graphic Novel. That said, in the original book, the setting was more suburban/rural than a large city (I didn't read the grap..."

Tathariell wrote: "Possibly Last Pick? There are some adults, but the main characters are children. Aliens have taken everyone they deemed "useful", and the leftovers have to survive with scraps."

Thanks for the suggestions, but unfortunately neither of those are the book I'm looking for. I'm pretty sure the reason for the adults disappearing wasn't mentioned, atleast not in the series' entries that I read.

message 5: by Tathariell (new)

Tathariell | 171 comments Oh, maybe The Last Kids on Earth and the Zombie Parade (Last Kids on Earth, #2) by Max Brallier ? Though now that I look closer, it was only published in the last few years, so too recent to be your book. And it's not a graphic novel, though there are many illustrations.

message 7: by Nine (new)

Nine | 4 comments Tathariell wrote: "Oh, maybe The Last Kids on Earth and the Zombie Parade (Last Kids on Earth, #2) by Max Brallier? Though now that I look closer, it was only published in the last few years, so too recent to be your book. And it's not ..."

Rainbowheart wrote: "The Kindling?"

Sadly neither of these is the specific book series I'm looking for, but thanks for your suggestions. I'm pretty sure there were also no zombies featured in the books, but I could be wrong.

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 15777 comments Might want to check the No Adults list.

message 9: by Nine (new)

Nine | 4 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "Might want to check the No Adults list."

I've gone through the list, but none of the books on it are from the series I'm looking for