Jess's Instagram Book Club discussion

Educated
This topic is about Educated
Educated - What are your feelings/thoughts/likes/dislikes

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jessica Clarke | 16 comments Mod
This book really moved me. It made me angry, frustrated, happy, grossed out, challenged, all of it. What did y'all think?

Caitlin Dougherty | 1 comments I think this is such a great book, and a wonderful author! I completely agree though, there were parts of the book that were challenging to read and process.

Sarah Nazarenko | 1 comments I was reading this book with my mouth hanging open. Like physically couldn’t stop myself from reacting to this story. The physical, emotional and mental things she had to overcome.

Caroline | 1 comments It was definitely one of those books that I thought about a long time after I read. The passages involving the abuse from her brother Shawn infuriated me for her and every time he got in an accident and survived I was really disappointed!

Belle Schenkewitz (belleschenkewitz) | 2 comments This book moved me, as well! At some parts, I was cringing so much based on the vivid descriptions of the physical accidents/pain they were going through. I love how introspective she was throughout the story and how she tried to present the facts of each of the events as she remembered them while also including thoughts about how she views the scenario in the present. Every time her brother survived, I had hoped he'd changed, but it was disappointing that he never did.

Belle wrote: "This book moved me, as well! At some parts, I was cringing so much based on the vivid descriptions of the physical accidents/pain they were going through. I love how introspective she was throughou..."

I absolutely agree! I really respected and appreciated all of the "*" remarks she made to ensure that she was as accurate as possible!

Brittany Beck | 4 comments I don't want to say I really "enjoyed" this book, but wow it moved me. It was really hard to read at times but it was an amazing story that has stuck with me for months!

Ashley Ray (ashley_ray) | 5 comments This is a fascinating, remarkable novel. It was very well-written for someone who did not have proper education and was self-taught. The author does an interview with Oprah. I would highly recommend watching it.

Ashley wrote: "This is a fascinating, remarkable novel. It was very well-written for someone who did not have proper education and was self-taught. The author does an interview with Oprah. I would highly recommen..."

I watched that interview! I was honestly taken aback by how unaffected she seemed