The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Fall Challenge 2019 > 20.2 - Rookie at the Top - Jen K's Task: Fabulous Fall

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited Sep 11, 2019 02:03PM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4348 comments Mod
20.2 - Rookie at the Top – Jen K's task: Fabulous Fall

Growing up in the great state of Vermont, I experienced the best autumns and I will always appreciate the beauty of the foliage. This task is dedicated to my favorites of fall.

This is a one-book task. Read a book of at least 250 pg that satisfies one of the following three options. REQUIRED: State which option you chose when you post.

Option 1: Corn Maze

Corn mazes are just fun and impressive. The one in my neck of the woods covers 24 acres. In the spirit of solving a puzzle and in a nod to one of my favorite tasks during my first seasonal challenge, create your own scramble word.

For this option, read a book and use the initial letters of the title (all words count but subtitles should be ignored) to create a word. The initial letters of every word in the title must be used in your word. The word should be at least 3 letters long, and should be found in Official Scrabble Words. You may also choose to include the author’s initials to create your word.

Example: Title Only
The Castle on Sunset: Life, Death, Love, Art, and Scandal at Hollywood's Chateau Marmont: T C O S from the title can be scrambled to make the word: COTS.

Example: Title and Author
The Idiot by Elif Batuman: T I from the title and E B from the author can be scrambled together to make the word: BITE

REQUIRED: State the word created by the title or title and author initials.

Option 2: After finishing a long corn maze, there is nothing like fresh apple cider. For this option, read a book where the author’s initials can be found in the phrase APPLE CIDER. All initials count. One qualifying contributor in a work by multiple authors will work.

Option 3: In Vermont, the first snow usually falls in early October. I love the snow!!! In celebration of firsts, for this option, read a book from one of these lists:
Great Debut Novels
Best Break Out

REQUIRED: Include in your post the list and page on which your book was found.

message 2: by Jen K (new)

Jen K | 496 comments reserved

message 3: by Jen K (new)

Jen K | 496 comments reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4348 comments Mod
This thread is now open.

message 5: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 1396 comments Quick question: do you have to use all of the initial letters for your Scrabble word, or just enough to create a word of at least 3 letters?

message 6: by Jen K (new)

Jen K | 496 comments All the letters please.