Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > How often is it possible to combine texts with Anonymous as author

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Antonomasia (new)

Antonomasia | 508 comments Getting "request took too long" which isn't unusual.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael Korleone (michaelkorleone) | 3881 comments Could you try to change the primary author name on both the editions you want to combine to random stuff like "temp123author", combine the books on this author profile and then merge this profile to Anonymous?

message 3: by Antonomasia (new)

Antonomasia | 508 comments good idea, thanks. will do later/ tomorrow

message 4: by Kristin (new)

Kristin | 9 comments Antonomasia wrote: "good idea, thanks. will do later/ tomorrow"

Did this turn out to be the best solution for you?

The American Standard Version of the Bible has a TON of books that need to be combined, and I'm thinking this method will be very tedious. But I can't think of a better solution.

message 5: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments Kristin wrote: "Antonomasia wrote: "good idea, thanks. will do later/ tomorrow"

The American Standard Version of the Bible has a TON of books that need to be co..."

I am using that method with the Arabian Nights. It often times out when I try to rename some, but I have found multiple incorrect entries merged with them, so although it's tedious, it's really the best way to look at every edition, merge and/or unmerge them properly and put them back into anonymous.

message 6: by Antonomasia (new)

Antonomasia | 508 comments Kristin wrote: "Antonomasia wrote: "good idea, thanks. will do later/ tomorrow"

The American Standard Version of the Bible has a TON of books that need to be co..."

Sorry for not responding earlier. I didn't do much further work on these. I figured that there would be librarians who are practising Christians who would be interested in this as a project and who are used to dealing with various Bible versions regularly.

message 7: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8670 comments Antonomasia wrote: "Kristin wrote: "Antonomasia wrote: "good idea, thanks. will do later/ tomorrow"

The American Standard Version of the Bible has a TON of books th..."

It is a major project, and I would be happy to tackle it, but I really must complete Arabian Nights before tackling. It will take months to do.