What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Modern Setting Story Including Author Dad Killed In Duel?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nico (new)

Nico H. | 3 comments I don't even actually know if this really is a book, that's how vague my memory of it is, but I really gotta know what it is now that I've suddenly remembered this story out of nowhere. Might be a tv show or movie or even a game but I figured I would ask here just in case.

All I can recall is that: A main character's dad was killed in a duel. The dad was an author who challenged everyone who left bad book reviews to an in-person duel to the death. It took years but somebody did take him up on it eventually and he traveled to another state for the duel. The character whose dad it is laments the fact they had to be told their dad died in a duel in this, the modern era. I think maybe there was an aspect of it wasn't the duel itself which killed him but some freak accident during the duel, though I can't be sure. My roommate and I are losing it trying to figure this out. Thanks in advance.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Nico ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 100 from two months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!