Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > TRIM the TBR - Big Little Lies - Liane Moriarty - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennywilliams88) | 701 comments Cross-posted from Trim the TBR September reporting because I can't be bothered to check all 191 pages of tags for cultural, although I think it should be tagged as such!

I think most people have either read the book or seen the tv series, so I'm not going to blurb the book, as I am probably late to the party.

I really enjoyed my first Moriarty and I'm definitely on the lookout for more (luckily the villa I'm currently staying in has The Husband's Secret!). I didn't get the twist. I read A LOT of crime novels but never read ones where you don't discover who's been killed until the end before, and I definitely appreciated this as it kept me guessing throughout the book. (view spoiler)

I also didn't see the killer coming, I really thought it would be one of the three main female characters.

message 2: by Meli (new)

Meli (melihooker) | 3391 comments I remember taking this on a trip to the Carolinas like a true beach read. Took me about 50 pages or so to get hooked but once I was I couldn't put it down and the twist made me gasp out loud! Loved this one.

message 3: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7198 comments This is, hands down, my favourite of her books that I have read. I am not sure how much of this is due to the fact that it was the first one I read and how much of it is because I LOVED the dialogue only portions with other women.

message 4: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments One of my favorite books. A new spin on murder mystery and love Moriarty's writing style.