Read Scotland discussion

The Appin Murder: The Killing of the Red Fox
This topic is about The Appin Murder
Group Reads > Sept/Oct: The Appin Murder

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellen (last edited Sep 05, 2019 05:00AM) (new)

Ellen Forkin (ellen_forkin) | 378 comments Mod
Here's our Historical Non-Fiction group read for September and October...

The Appin Murder: The Killing of the Red Fox by Seamus Carney

A really interesting topic, can't wait to get stuck in!

Comment your thoughts below...

Happy reading!

This is a general thread, to see who’s reading, where they’re up to in the book, first thoughts etc. If you write something here that might give something away, please use the spoiler HTML. However, I’ll create a Spoiler thread/topic for those who have finished, where you can chat freely about the whole book, plot twists, and all! :)

Donald Leitch | 47 comments I am looking forward to participating in the discussion.

The book was somewhat hard to find in Canada. I have ordered a copy which is supposed to arrive by the first of October.

message 3: by Ellen (new)

Donald wrote: "I am looking forward to participating in the discussion.

The book was somewhat hard to find in Canada. I have ordered a copy which is supposed to arrive by the first of October."

Glad you managed to find a copy, Donald :) The discussion never closes so there’s no rush, look forward to hearing your thoughts.

message 4: by Ellen (new)

A little way through, it’s interesting reading about the real Alan Breck!

message 5: by Mrs. C. (new)

Mrs. C. | 5 comments I found out today the seller had canceled my order (not in stock or something). Have ordered from another seller. In the meantime, I'm reading Man from the Sea: A Classic British Mystery by Michael Innes.

Tarissa (inthebookcase) | 38 comments You guys, I finished it!! Coming up for air now...

message 7: by Ellen (new)

Tarissa wrote: "You guys, I finished it!! Coming up for air now..."

Haha, well done Tarissa! Mine was overdue at the library so it’s back there now. I’m not sure if I’ll finish it yet - got so, so much to read!! I was about a third through, it was interesting but there were a lot of ‘characters’ that I was unfamiliar with and I didn’t always feel introduced to them properly. If that makes sense?? :/ From what I did read, I liked learning about the real life Alan Breck. I’d love to hear your thoughts too...

Katrina | 39 comments That's me finally just got a copy from the library. Hoping to burn through it in time. Heh.

message 9: by Ellen (new)

Katrina wrote: "That's me finally just got a copy from the library. Hoping to burn through it in time. Heh."

Glad you got your copy :) There’s no time limit on discussions, so you can enjoy it, that is if the library doesn’t want it back!