Goodreads Feedback discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meredith (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:47AM) (new)

Meredith I don't know if someone has requested this yet but is there anyway to see all of the people near me. I know that there are more then that which are coming up on the screen. The same profiles come up and so searching for people near me seems to be useless. Thanks.

message 2: by Lisa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:48AM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8939 comments Meredith,

You can go to the "meet people" link (at top of goodreads page) and then click on link for "near me." And you can select how many miles away you're wlling to go. I have so many people near me, that all 50 nearest me are either 0 or 1 miles away. And, yes, would love to find some people a bit farther away: those 7 miles away would still be in the same city.

Have fun!

Lisa

message 3: by Meredith (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:48AM) (new)

Meredith Yeah but when I click on it the same people always show up and I know that there are more people than what comes up because I have them as my friends. There needs to be a more button to see additional profiles because one page is not all the profiles that there are. Thanks.

message 4: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:49AM) (new)

Otis Chandler | 4184 comments Mod
Hi Meredith,

Great suggestion! Its a little tricky for us to get to right now, so in the meantime I'd suggest just using different Zipcodes. You can find them here: [http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/zcl_1_resul...]

message 5: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:50AM) (new)

It must be an Iranian group with a postal code that happens to match a US postal code near you. We'll add country filtering to fix it.

message 6: by Tiffany (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:50AM) (new)

Tiffany | 244 comments Meredith - Do the people you have as friends have their locations listed in their profiles? The Near Me function compares the distance between your location and everyone else's locations (right?), so if these people don't have a location listed, it can't compare your distances, and thus doesn't know that they're near you. Perhaps that's why the people you're expecting to see aren't showing up.

message 7: by Femmy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:50AM) (new)

Femmy | 118 comments I also notice that there is no field for "city" in my profile. Perhaps this can be a way to find people Near Me?

message 8: by Otis, Chief Goodreader (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:52AM) (new)

Femmy,

Our international support is clearly lacking here, we apologize. The Postal Code field is really for US members only. So we've added a 'city' field so that international members can write out where they live (to be released later today). We won't be able to do distance calculations, but it should at least help you while browsing!

message 9: by Femmy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 11:52AM) (new)

Femmy | 118 comments I see that it is already implemented. Thank you, Otis, for being so responsive!