Clean Romances discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Contests & Giveaways > 100 Members Book Giveaway Celebration

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (last edited Sep 08, 2009 09:46AM) (new)

Jaimey (jaimeygrant) | 409 comments Mod
Here are the details, folks. Anyone who has clean romances, lovingly used, they'd like to donate, feel free. Any clean romance authors who want to offer up copies of their own books, feel free. Be sure to indicate what format you are offering (paperback, e-book, etc) and where you are willing to ship. PLEASE NOTE: E-books may only be offered by the author or copyright holder.

At the bottom of this post are the books offered for this giveaway. As more books are offered, they will be added to the list in this post. Offerings may be posted here or in the thread Joyce started. I will be watching both.

Deadline for offerings is September 7th. The drawing will be held on September 8th with the winners being announced September 9th. One group email will be sent, letting all members know that the results have been posted.

I realize there are members who do not spend very much time online or on goodreads in particular. All winners will be given one week to respond, in this thread, to the person who is offering the book. It is then their responsibility to work out shipping arrangements. If a prize remains unclaimed after the waiting period, another name will be drawn.

Feel free to ask any questions you like. I'm sure there is something that has been overlooked...

The books being given away so far:

1. Loyalty's Web by Joyce DiPastena (Paperback for USA or International winner)
2. Spellbound by Jaimey Grant (Paperback for USA winner)
3. Spellbound by Jaimey Grant (E-book for USA or International winner)
4. By Love or By Sea by Rachel Rager (Paperback for USA winner)
5. Dove Island by Miss Mae (Short story) (E-book for USA or International winner)
6. The Crown of Anavrea by Rachel Rossano (Paperback for USA winner)
7. The Journey by J. Adams (Paperback for USA or International winner)
8. Betrayal by Jaimey Grant (e-book for USA or International winner)
9. Heartless by Jaimey Grant (e-book for USA or International winner)
10. Redemption by Jaimey Grant (e-book for USA or International winner)
11. Redemption by Jaimey Grant (Paperback for USA winner)
12. The Dedicated Villain by Patricia Veryan (Out-of-print paperback for USA winner)
13. Some Brief Folly/The Noblest Frailty by Patricia Veryan (Out-of-print paperback for USA winner)
14. Illuminations of the Heart by Joyce DiPastena (Paperback for USA winner)
15. The Privateer by Danielle Thorne (E-book for USA or International winner)
16. The Stranger She Married by Donna Hatch (E-book for USA or International winner)
17. Troubled Hearts by Donna Hatch (Novella) (E-book for USA or International winner)

Loyalty's Web (Reprint) by Joyce DiPastena Spellbound by Jaimey Grant By Love or By Sea by Rachel Rager The Crown of Anavrea by Rachel Rossano The Journey by Jewel Adams/J. Adams Betrayal by Jaimey Grant Heartless by Jaimey Grant Redemption by Jaimey Grant The Dedicated Villain (The Golden Chronicles, Book 6) by Patricia Veryan Some Brief Folly/The Noblest Frailty by Patricia Veryan Illuminations of the Heart by Joyce DiPastena The Privateer by Danielle Thorne The Stranger She Married (Rogue Hearts, #1) by Donna Hatch

message 2: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
This all sounds good to me, Jaimey. Thanks for ironing out the details for me. :-)

The only thing I think I'd add is the suggestion that all book donations, whether your own or lovingly used titles, should fall into the "clean romance" category, since we are celebrating the 100th membership (we're actually now up to 102!) of the "Clean Romance Group". :-) In other words, no straight sci-fi, mystery, fantasy, thrillers, etc, unless there is a "clean romance" as part of the story.

Does that sound okay to everyone?

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie (Hiding in the Pages) | 19 comments So how do we enter these drawings? Is it just by being a member?

I'm so glad my friend invited me to this group--I LOVE clean romances and it's nice to know there are some options out there! I actually already had a couple of you authors on my list of to-be-read. :)

message 4: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Katie wrote: "So how do we enter these drawings? Is it just by being a member?"

Yup. You are automatically entered just because you are a member. :o)

Joyce wrote: "The only thing I think I'd add is the suggestion that all book donations, whether your own or lovingly used titles, should fall into the "clean romance" category, since we are celebrating the 100th membership (we're actually now up to 102!) of the "Clean Romance Group". :-) In other words, no straight sci-fi, mystery, fantasy, thrillers, etc, unless there is a "clean romance" as part of the story."

Great point, Joyce. Thanx for mentioning it. :o)

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisalu) | 28 comments I am thrilled. This is really fun! Thanks a bunch!

Oh and welcome Katie, Anita, Tammy and Dori...my homies!

message 6: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 178 comments Jaimey wrote: "Here are the details, folks. Anyone who has paperback books, lovingly used, they'd like to donate, feel free. Any authors who want to offer up copies of their own books, feel free. Be sure to indic..."

I'll donate a printed copy of "The Journey."

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole This sounds like so much fun! Good idea!

message 8: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Jewel wrote: "I'll donate a printed copy of "The Journey.""

Excellent, Jewel. Thank you! That does have a strong romance theme, right? Also, how far are you willing to ship it?

message 9: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

I've gone through my massive book collection, looking for duplicates of some great out-of-print authors. I've found two so far that I will donate. Both are Patricia Veryan, one of which has TWO of her novels in one volume. How great is that!? The Dedicated Villain is in Good condition while Some Brief Folly/The Noblest Frailty is Like New with a remainder mark. I can only afford to ship these within the USA. So sorry, international friends. :o(

I've also decided to add my other three novels into the mix. Betrayal, Heartless, and Redemption, all e-books for international winners. I will also offer a paperback copy of Redemption for another USA winner.

The Dedicated Villain (The Golden Chronicles, Book 6) by Patricia Veryan Some Brief Folly/The Noblest Frailty by Patricia Veryan Betrayal by Jaimey Grant Heartless by Jaimey Grant Redemption by Jaimey Grant

message 10: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 178 comments Jaimey wrote: "Jewel wrote: "I'll donate a printed copy of "The Journey.""

Excellent, Jewel. Thank you! That does have a strong romance theme, right? Also, how far are you willing to ship it?"

It definitely has a romantic theme. I'll ship anywhere.

message 11: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
What the heck, if Jaimey can throw in a copy of each of her books, then so can I! I just received a new shipment of copies of Illuminations of the Heart, so add that to the list of giveaways. Trade paperback, but only USA shipments for this one. (International still open for copies of Loyalty's Web.)

Click on the book cover to read more about Illuminations of the Heart.

Illuminations of the Heart by Joyce DiPastena

message 12: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Jewel wrote: "It definitely has a romantic theme. I'll ship anywhere."

Excellent! Thanx for the info, Jewel! :o)

Joyce wrote: "What the heck, if Jaimey can throw in a copy of each of her books, then so can I! I just received a new shipment of copies of Illuminations of the Heart, so add that to the list of giveaways. Trade..."

Great, Joyce! I'll add it immediately. :o)

message 13: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
To answer a few of the questions posed by people who have answered "maybe" to attending our book drawing...and please correct me if I'm wrong, Jaimey!...no, you don't actually have to "attend" anything to be included in the drawing. We are celebrating achieving 100 members for our group (actually 107 as of 9/4/09!), so basically everyone who is a member of our group is automatically entered in our drawing. The only requirement to win is that, if your name is drawn, you have to respond on this thread acknowledging your win sometime between Sep 9-15. So simply check between those dates on this thread to see if your name is listed as a winner and leave a comment to let us know you've seen your name. If you do NOT leave some kind of response acknowledging your win by September 15, then your prize will be forfeit and a new name will be drawn.

Did I explain that correctly, Jaimey?

And just for the record so that all of you know, while Jaimey and I brainstormed on ideas, Jaimey has been solely responsible for the organizational portion of this celebration, so please direct all your accolades her way! :-)

message 14: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Thank you, Joyce, but I think you deserve some credit, too. I never would have thought of it if you hadn't suggested some sort of celebration. :o)

Yes, you explained everything very well. Thank you.

We're still taking donations for the next two days. Let me know if you'd like to include a book in the giveaway. Also, any bloggers out there should mention this on their blog. It's a great way to let your followers know about a great group.

Thank you to all who have donated books and to all members for being members. :o)

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Neas (liberty55) | 4 comments I'm so glad that I found this group! I look forward to seeing the books that you post about...and I love to win goods books, so I'm crossing my fingers and toes for this contest:-D

message 16: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Elizabeth wrote: "I'm so glad that I found this group! I look forward to seeing the books that you post about...and I love to win goods books, so I'm crossing my fingers and toes for this contest:-D"

Thanx for joining us, Elizabeth! We're glad to have you here. :o)

message 17: by Joyce, Group Creator (last edited Sep 05, 2009 11:40AM) (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Welcome, Elizabeth! I hope you find a lot of good reads on our book shelf. Feel free to add any of your favorite books to our shelf that we might have missed! (As long as they fit our Clean Romance Group Description, of course. :-) )

message 18: by Jewel (new)

Jewel (jewela) | 178 comments Welcome, Elizabeth!!!

message 19: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

We're up to 109 members! How great is that!? :o)

message 20: by Joyce, Group Creator (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
We'll be starting a 200 member celebration before we know it! LOL!

message 21: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Thorne (daniellethorne) | 167 comments Jaimey wrote: "Here are the details, folks. Anyone who has clean romances, lovingly used, they'd like to donate, feel free. Any clean romance authors who want to offer up copies of their own books, feel free. Be ..."

I would like to throw in a free copy of the historical ebook, THE PRIVATEER (by Danielle Thorne) for the contest. Please let me know where to send it.

message 22: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Danielle wrote: "I would like to throw in a free copy of the historical ebook, THE PRIVATEER (by Danielle Thorne) for the contest. Please let me know where to send it."

That's great, Danielle! I'll add it to the list right away. :o) You'll get the email address of the winner when a name is drawn. Thanx!

message 23: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Thorne (daniellethorne) | 167 comments Awesome. Great way to share clean books!

message 24: by Heather (new)

Heather | 19 comments What a fun idea! Thanks!

message 25: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Today is the last day to include a clean romance for the giveaway. I especially encourage authors of clean romance to get involved.

As of this post, we have 111 members!

:o)

message 26: by Heather (new)

Heather | 19 comments My book "The Ball's in Her Court" which comes out next month has some religious element in it (though that isn't the primary focus by any means), if you're interested, I'd be happy to donate a copy!

message 27: by Joyce, Group Creator (last edited Sep 07, 2009 01:47PM) (new)

Joyce | 592 comments Mod
Hi Heather,

It depends on how strong the religious element is. Read our Group Description and see if you feel your book meets our criteria. You're definitely welcome as a READER, of course. We have many members who are cross-over readers between Christian and secular-but-clean romances. And "some religious/spiritual/inspirational" elements won't disqualify your book, but again, if that's a major theme, then it might belong somewhere else. As I said, read our Group Description and this link for a further explanation: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

I think we'll want our book "prizes" to be ready to be mailed off as soon as possible after we draw the names, but I'll let Jaimey add her final 2-cents to that. If not this time round, then maybe we can use your book for our 200 member celebration! At the rate we seem to be going, it won't be long till we hit that new mark! :-)

message 28: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (last edited Sep 07, 2009 03:42PM) (new)

Joyce has a valid point. Any donations should be ready to mail, whether it's snail mail or email, as soon as the drawing is over.

Heather, If your book falls into the description for this group and you have a copy to donate now, I'll add it to the list.

:o)

message 29: by Heather (new)

Heather | 19 comments I won't have any copies until early October, so I'll have to pass on this one.

message 30: by Jaimey, Co-Mod (new)

Thanx for the offer, Heather! :o)

Jana at ThatArtsyReaderGirl.com (miss_jana) This is so exciting! What a fun idea!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.