TW Book Club discussion

September: The Huntress?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Wendt (wendtastic) | 354 comments Mod
We haven't had a lot of discussion about The Chalk Man. Are folks not done? Burnt out? Too busy? Are we on for The Huntress this month or should we take a month to catch up and move it to October?

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam | 215 comments I've requested it from the library. I will have limited reading time this month but might get through it depending on the writing style.

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 166 comments Finally finished The Overstory. Just now. Think I hated it. Missed Chalk Man and not sure I'll catch up because I'm not in a good place for scary or gore or mystery. I'll pick up The Huntress today

message 4: by Jackie (new)

Jackie | 166 comments I did not stall out through this book butI also just felt it was a light read, i.e. brain candy. Given the heavy topic and it's basis in fact I probably should have thought it deeper or darker but did not. After The Overstory I just found this a entertaining story

message 5: by Tracy (new)

well, I may be having trouble with The Huntress, but I have started watching a tv show from that era: Land Girls! I am addicted. watched 2 seasons this weekend.

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Done! SPOILERS AHEAD! it definitely picked back up. I never did get really into Nina's back story. I am not sure why it didn't grab me. I finally made it through the book by just skimming her sections. I really liked her as a character, but mostly due to getting to know her during the chase sections. I liked Jordan's story. I want to know what happens to her next. I wish I had a step sister Ruth. I kept hoping for a chapter from her perspective - from other's views, Ruth changed a lot and went thru a lot - I wish we knew what she was thinking, remembering, feeling. I am glad she got her violin lessons but I was disappointed that we never learned why Anna was really opposed. I kept waiting for a big blow up when she learned about the secret lessons, but it never happened. I only have The Huntress a couple stars - it really dragged in the middle and seemed like it tried to do too much. there were a few side stories, like the violin lessons, that never really went anywhere though would have been interesting.