What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Urban fantasy about modern day witches. Possibly Y/A

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sammy (new)

Sammy | 3 comments I’ve looked over so many list about books about witches and can’t find this book, please help!

-Don’t know when it was published but it’s definitely after the 2000’s

-there’s magic, but it’s not really flashy/ Harry Potter-esque. Witches (male and female) need blood or spit and/or something physical to use magic most of the time. The only other type of magic was like mind magic, and looking through the eyes of animals/their familiar .

-main characters are a boy and a girl, both about high school age

-the girl is a witch, grown up with other witches in her neighborhood, all of whom are in hiding. People in this world know witches exist, but they’re very prejudiced, and most people want witches to be monitored/imprisoned/ killed, I can’t remember which.

-the boy is the son of someone really influential, either a politician or a businessman. His mother is missing or dead, and he has a mean step brother who is close in age.

-the boy turns out to be a witch and exposes himself at a big party.

-the boy and girl meet and they’re in hiding from the boys family/company/the government.

- SPOILER

-the main plot was that the boys dad was trying to level the neighborhood where the girls family and the other witches lived to force them out of hiding.

That’s about all I remember. Please help and many thanks!

message 2: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4989 comments It sounds kind of like Witch Week, but not entirely.

message 3: by Corinne (new)

Corinne (hms_beagle) | 34 comments Maybe it's Half Bad (The Half Bad Trilogy, #1) by Sally Green ?

message 4: by Sammy (new)

Sammy | 3 comments Unfortunately its not either of those but they sound great thanks!