The Sword and Laser discussion

What Else Are You Reading? > Favorite eBook-only series

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (last edited Oct 08, 2014 02:11PM) (new)

David Doyle | 2 comments I'll start. The Dargonzine series is a pretty neat idea. Lots of different author styles and ideas, all set in the same universe.

message 2: by John (Taloni) (new)

John (Taloni) Taloni (johntaloni) | 4269 comments Kate Danley's "Maggie For Hire" series is pretty good.

message 3: by Kaleb (new)

Kaleb The Zero Sight series by Justin B Shier is totally underated and is a must read for fans of the Harry Potter. Boy discovers he is a wizard under some tragic circumstances and foes ro an exclusive college for wizards. It may not seem original, but it well wortg your time. If you didn't enjoy the Magicians, you will love this!

message 4: by Joseph (new)

Joseph | 2330 comments William King, who's also written a number of Warhammer books, has self-published the Terrarch Chronicles (Napoleonic wars with elves & magic starting with Death's Angels) and the Kormak books (ongoing sword & sorcery in the classic mode, starting with Stealer of Flesh).

message 5: by Ben (new)

Ben Nash | 200 comments Not exactly sure if this counts since it's the only ebook only series I've read and I think it might be available in print on demand, but here goes.

Shadow Unit is a collaborative series about a secret government unit that investigates supernatural cases. Authors include Elizabeth Bear, Emma Bull, and Will Shetterly. If I remember correctly, they describe it as fan-fiction for a show that never existed. It was fun.

message 6: by David (last edited Oct 09, 2014 08:01AM) (new)

David Doyle | 2 comments That reminds me, I have 7th Son: 7 Days in my library waiting to be read. The 33 sounds like an interesting concept and a great approach for an author to keep the audience interest.

message 7: by ladymurmur (new)

ladymurmur | 150 comments I think the Ree Reyes series is ebook only - Geekomancy, Celebromancy, Attack the Geek.

message 8: by Nils (last edited Oct 27, 2014 03:27AM) (new)

Nils Krebber | 202 comments Not sure if this fits here, as they are not exactly e-books. But i read webfiction, and can only give praise for Worm and Pact by Wildbow. They are both serials, Worm being in the Superhero Genre and finished, Pact being Urban Fantasy.
Great reads, and too bad you cannot find them on Goodreads.
Oh, and for a fitting answer, I actually bought my first ebook reader in order to access Hammer and Bolter: Issue 1, the short story collections from the Black Library on Warhammer and Warhammer 40k.