Play Book Tag discussion

Geekerella (Once Upon a Con, #1)
This topic is about Geekerella
Archive: Other Books > Geekerella by Ashley Poston 3.35 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karin | 6889 comments Since romances aren’t my cup of tea, consider my three stars a very good rating :). Nicole R liked this one a great deal :)

A contemporary Cinderella with a geeky twist, what can I say? Yes, Ella lives with a nasty stepmother and two stepsisters in the house her father left her, but since she is underage, her stepmother continually threatens to sell it. While there is ample money for her stepmother and sisters to dress well and do expensive activities, there is none for Ella, who has to do most of the cooking and chores when she is not at school. While her everyone in her step family has the latest in smart phones, she is still using her late father’s old one. Secretly, though, she has a blog that suddenly becomes famous when she posts her dismay when she hears that a young soap opera star has been cast in the movie remake of a classic scifi series.

Darien is that soap opera star who is secretly excited to be finally able to go back to the Excelsicon that he used to love with his childhood friend. What he does not want to do is to waste any precious time there meeting fans and signing autographs. When he contacts the only number he can find for the con, he doesn’t realize he is texting the author of the blog that has told the world he shouldn’t be playing this new role. Yes, you knew what was coming—it’s Elle.

As their anonymous texting friendship grows, trouble is brewing for both of them. But since I’m not going to tell you any of that, you have to actually read the book if you are at all curious.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7644 comments I feel like a 3 stars from you on this book is a ringing endorsement! lol. I did really like this one. The follow up book, not so much.

Hebah (quietdissident) | 675 comments I like nerdy stories and romances and thought this was a decent 3 star read. Nothing exceptional, didn't feel like I completely wasted my time on it.

message 4: by Karin (last edited Sep 08, 2019 01:58PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Karin | 6889 comments Nicole R wrote: "I feel like a 3 stars from you on this book is a ringing endorsement! lol. I did really like this one. The follow up book, not so much."

Yes, it is, and thanks for that comment about the follow up. I was going to check your review but won't bother :). I am doing series game (because it's so easy with my Rebellious Reading) but don't have to read books all in one series.