Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Please Add my books to appropriate profile?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mattie (new)

Mattie Richardson | 2 comments For some reason, there are two goodreads author profiles for "Mattie Richardson"
My actual goodreads author page has: Dusty's Trail and Blackberry Blossom https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...
I am also the author of: Appaloosy, Day and Night, The Secret of the Hemlock Forest, and Golden Sunrise. There is another page with "Mattie Richardson" that has these four books as well as one that I did not write (called her) This profile is located at: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...Golden Sunrise: The Story of Cheyenne, A Palomino in the Battle of the AlamoAppaloosyThe Secret of the Hemlock ForestGolden Sunrise: The Story of Cheyenne, A Palomino in the Battle of the Alamo

message 2: by Lais (last edited Sep 05, 2019 05:47AM) (new)

Lais | 187 comments I moved the books you wrote into your profile. Whenever there's two profiles with the same name it's because there's more than one author with that name. Since the other profile for Mattie Richardson is the "default" profile, any new books that are fed automatically into Goodreads from other databases will show up there and will have to be moved to your profile. To avoid that, you can either ask goodread staff to give you the defaut profile (but then if the other Mattie Richardson publishes anything else it'll appear in your profile first and have to be moved), or you can add new books yourself as soon as you have an ISBN or ASIN number. Your profile is differentiated from hers in that you have two spaces between your names, that is, you are Mattie^^Richardson, and the other one is Mattie^Richardson (a ^ is one space). So if you add a book yourself, make sure to leave two spaces between your first and last names on the author field.

message 3: by Mattie (new)

Mattie Richardson | 2 comments Alright, that makes sense. Thank you for your help, Lais!!