What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Victoria
This topic is about Victoria
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. "Vicoria?" YA 70's? fiction re: girls school, ottoman. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Emily  A | 5 comments YA Fiction, 60's or 70's, probably mid 70's or later
It's about a girl whose parents are having troubles and they have her go to a girls school. She is a teen or pre-teen. There is a girl there called Victoria with long dark hair. She is mysterious and sometimes upsets the main girl. She has a hammock that only she can sit on. No one knows why. There is another girl "Eugenie?" They all start having midnight feasts and dares. They all have their own problems. It's mainly about their developing friendship and how they start coping better with problems. I thought it was called Victoria but when I search here and google I can't find it. The cover is dark green I think and shows a drawing of Victoria I think. I remember most of the story, just can't find the book and author. I can give more details if necessary. Thanks.

message 2: by SamSpayedPI (last edited Sep 04, 2019 12:51PM) (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2070 comments It sounds a lot like The Secret Language, but that's a MG chapter book, not really YA; also Victoria is the MC.

message 3: by Nóinín (new)

Nóinín (fagurfifill) | 164 comments Here's a book called Victoria with a dark green(ish) cover.

Emily  A | 5 comments Nóinín wrote: "Here's a book called Victoria with a dark green(ish) cover."

Ah, thanks! That's the one. I've marked it now so I won't lose it again. Thanks so much!

message 5: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 2070 comments Nóinín wrote: "Here's a book called Victoria with a dark green(ish) cover."

That sounds like a better fit; the reviews talk about a "hassock."

message 6: by Emily (last edited Sep 05, 2019 06:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emily  A | 5 comments SamSpayedPI wrote: "It sounds a lot like The Secret Language, but that's a MG chapter book, not really YA; also Victoria is the MC."
Thank you very much. It's not the one (yes, it's the one above) but I can see the similarities in the description. Thanks for looking!