Horror Aficionados discussion

Dark Hollow (Charlie Parker, #2)
This topic is about Dark Hollow
Buddy Reads > Dark Hollow - John Connolly

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Ginger | 3233 comments Come join Terry, Latasha and I as we continue with the Charlie Parker series. We'll be starting this around September 20th.

Looking forward to this one!

Latasha (latasha513) | 10648 comments Mod
Hi! I’ll put it on reserve at the library. They have almost all of these.

Terry | 4841 comments Hope it's as good as the first!

Terry wrote: "Hope it's as good as the first!"

me too.

i put the book on reserve yesterday. the card catalog said it was in so i should (hopefully) have it by the 20th.

Ginger | 3233 comments Latasha wrote: "i put the book on reserve yesterday. the card catalog said it was in so i should (hopefully) have it by the 20th."

Awesome Tosh! I should be able to start on it then or even a day or two later. Whatever works for everyone. I have it on paperback.

Ginger wrote: "Latasha wrote: "i put the book on reserve yesterday. the card catalog said it was in so i should (hopefully) have it by the 20th."

Awesome Tosh! I should be able to start on it then or even a day ..."

ok.

Terry | 4841 comments I've got the paperback ready to go, but it may be easier for me to start the 21st or 22nd.

Ginger | 3233 comments Terry wrote: "I've got the paperback ready to go, but it may be easier for me to start the 21st or 22nd."

That works for me as well Terry! I'm super flexible on starting this on the weekend.

Terry | 4841 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "I've got the paperback ready to go, but it may be easier for me to start the 21st or 22nd."

That works for me as well Terry! I'm super flexible on starting this on the weekend."

Sounds good. I just got ahold of book 3 today also.

I am too.

Terry | 4841 comments I should be able to get started on this today.

message 13: by Ginger (last edited Sep 21, 2019 11:57AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3233 comments Terry wrote: "I should be able to get started on this today."

Me too Terry! I won’t get to read much though since family is in town.

Terry | 4841 comments Sounds good, Ginger. I won’t get to make a big start either.

Well... I downloaded the sample to hold me over til the library calls. I read it. It doesn't seem as dark yet as the first one.

Ginger | 3233 comments Latasha wrote: "Well... I downloaded the sample to hold me over til the library calls. I read it. It doesn't seem as dark yet as the first one."

Latasha, how many chapters do they give you in the sample?

Not even all of chapter 1.

Terry | 4841 comments I've read the prologue and up to the end of ch1. I feel like it's just about as dark as the other book, so maybe you'll feel different when you can get farther into it, Latasha. Man, there sure is a lot of foreshadowing going on!

Ginger | 3233 comments Terry wrote: "I've read the prologue and up to the end of ch1. I feel like it's just about as dark as the other book, so maybe you'll feel different when you can get farther into it, Latasha. Man, there sure is ..."

I agree Terry. I got to the beginning of Ch 3 and I see lots of foreshadowing. I can't wait to find out who this Caleb Kyle is.

Terry | 4841 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "I've read the prologue and up to the end of ch1. I feel like it's just about as dark as the other book, so maybe you'll feel different when you can get farther into it, Latasha. Man, ..."

I agree! Is he the new Travelin’ Man??

Ginger | 3233 comments Terry wrote: "Is he the new Travelin’ Man??,..."

Maybe? I’m excited to find out though!

Terry | 4841 comments I’m up to ch6. (view spoiler)

Ginger | 3233 comments I'll have to catch up to you in the next few days Terry! :D

By the way, did you get your library copy Latasha?

No not yet. Sorry.

Terry | 4841 comments No problem, Ginger. I can stop and wait for you Latasha. I’m not even 20% in yet.

Ginger | 3233 comments Latasha wrote: "No not yet. Sorry."

No worries Latasha. I can wait for you to get it as well.
Lots of other books to read. ;) hahaha!

Oh no, I don’t wait for me. I hate to hold y’all up.

Ginger | 3233 comments Latasha wrote: "Oh no, I don’t wait for me. I hate to hold y’all up."

That's okay! I can wait a few days. I don't mind.

Ginger | 3233 comments Terry wrote: "I’m up to ch6. [spoilers removed]"

Yes! I’m getting those vibes from this.
I wanted to catch up to you so read up to Ch6.
Wow, this (view spoiler)

Terry | 4841 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "I’m up to ch6. [spoilers removed]"

Yes! I’m getting those vibes from this.
I wanted to catch up to you so read up to Ch6.
Wow, this [spoilers removed]"

Yes, (view spoiler)

Ginger | 3233 comments Terry wrote: "Yes, [spoilers..."

Hahaha!! Totally.

i got the book today, i will hurry & catch up. the sample was just a few pages.

Ginger | 3233 comments Latasha wrote: "i got the book today, i will hurry & catch up. the sample was just a few pages."

Woohoo!! So glad to hear. I got to the beginning of Ch6.

Ginger | 3233 comments I just got to Ch8 - I've got to say that I really like John Connolly's writing. It's so vivid and descriptive. But not so descriptive that he's losing me with too many words.

It's a perfect balance in my opinion!

Omg Bird sees that in chapter 2 & just moves cars? I enjoyed the time with Angel & Louis.

Ginger | 3233 comments Latasha wrote: "Omg Bird sees that in chapter 2 & just moves cars? I enjoyed the time with Angel & Louis."

Right?! That image would have freaked me out.
I hope we see more Angel & Louis. I’m coming to really like them as characters!

Terry | 4841 comments I’m reading in ch6 still. (view spoiler)

message 38: by Ginger (last edited Sep 27, 2019 10:34AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3233 comments Terry wrote: "I’m reading in ch6 still. [spoilers removed]"

I know!! That's why his descriptive writing is fantastic. I was just riveted and sad while reading that.

Terry | 4841 comments I’m not sure I even took a breath while I was reading that!

Ginger | 3233 comments Terry wrote: "I’m not sure I even took a breath while I was reading that!"

Same! Holy hell it was intense.

Terry | 4841 comments I just finished ch8. (view spoiler)

message 42: by Ginger (last edited Sep 27, 2019 09:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ginger | 3233 comments Terry wrote: "I just finished ch8. [spoilers removed]"

I just finished that chapter today as well!
I’m loving the (view spoiler)
It’s just a theory that I have and I hope it’s how this series goes! I would love this.

Terry | 4841 comments Ginger wrote: "Terry wrote: "I just finished ch8. [spoilers removed]"

I just finished that chapter today as well!
I’m loving the [spoilers removed]
It’s just a theory that I have and I hope it’s how this series ..."

I think that's a good theory. It sounds like what he was describing.

Ginger | 3233 comments Terry wrote: "Its sounds like what he was describing..."

Yeah, I thought so too. I’ll be interested in what Latasha thinks about that theory as well!

i read chapter 6 last night. i agree about the clown but i think someone watching him sleep is even creepier.

Terry | 4841 comments Latasha wrote: "i read chapter 6 last night. i agree about the clown but i think someone watching him sleep is even creepier."

Too true!

Ginger | 3233 comments Latasha wrote: "i read chapter 6 last night. i agree about the clown but i think someone watching him sleep is even creepier."

Oh yeah! Totally.

i'm up to chapter 11? i think. i read right before bed and had 1 weird dream and 1 bad one so now i'm awake. i think your theory is spot on!

Ginger | 3233 comments Latasha wrote: "i'm up to chapter 11? i think. i read right before bed and had 1 weird dream and 1 bad one so now i'm awake. i think your theory is spot on!"

Hahaha! Great on the theory not on the bad dreams. Hopefully it wasn’t of clowns and people watching you sleep! 😜🤣

Ginger wrote: "Latasha wrote: "i'm up to chapter 11? i think. i read right before bed and had 1 weird dream and 1 bad one so now i'm awake. i think your theory is spot on!"

Hahaha! Great on the theory not on the..."

no, i can't say cause if you tell your dreams before you eat, they will come true.

« previous 1