Karen Marie Moning discussion

Fever Series > dreamfever... 3rd teaser...

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tatu (new)

Tatu (tatu_black) | 74 comments Mod
here we go...

I closed my hand around Barrons' forearm. He could not have looked more pleased if I'd just gazed up at him with doe eyes and told him he was my world.

I locked my hand down, dug my nails into his flesh, and held on.

His eyes narrowed then flared, then I was no longer seeing him at all because I'd pushed, pushed, pushed violently, stabbed myself brutally deep into his mind with my special sidhe-seer talent.

I wanted answers. I wanted to know why the animosity between him and V'lane. I wanted to know who to trust, who was--not the better man--but at least the slightly-less-worse one.

I pushed, seeking any breach I could exploit and suddenly I was--

In Faery!

It had to be. The scenery was impossibly lush, the colors too rich, vivid, so full of tone that they had texture, like that first beach V'lane had taken me to months ago, where I'd played volleyball with Alina, when he'd given me the gift of seeing her again, if only an illusion, but this was no beach, this was the Fae court!

Brilliantly colored silk chaises were scattered around a dais. Trees sprouted leaves and flowers of incomprehensible color and dimension. The breeze smelled of jasmine and sandalwood and some other scent that I imagined heaven--if such a place existed--would smell like.

I wanted to look around. I wanted to see the queen on her dais, but I couldn't turn my/our gaze toward it because I was a passenger in his head, and I was-- inside Barrons body.

I was strong.

I was cold

I was mighty and they didn't even know just how mighty I was.

They didn't recognize me, the fools.

I was danger.

I was everything they should fear but they'd lived so long that they'd forgotten fear. I would teach them.

I would remind them.

this is what made me think barrons was the UK...i mean he is so badass it has to be him... right???

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura (highlandhussy) | 130 comments Mod
I fully agree! I thought about it alot in Faefever, and it just makes me think so even more when he is with V'lane's princess...wonder what everyone else thinks?

message 3: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (marissagarrison) | 20 comments That or my new theory is that he's Cruce...

message 4: by Laura (new)

hmm...not a bad theory...now I'll have to re-read

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 57 comments i am going to do the audio book. i am hoping i might catch something listening then by re-reading

message 6: by Laura (new)

smart! post if you hear anything interesting :)

message 7: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (marissagarrison) | 20 comments I've heard such good things about the audio, tempted to get it for my ipod :)

message 8: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ (karlynp) | 17 comments The audiobook for Darkfever (book 1) is free to download on iTunes. If you want to give it a try, that is a great place to start. I've listened to the entire series on audio and just LOVED it. I even downloaded the Highland series even though I have the paperback versions on my shelf.

message 9: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (marissagarrison) | 20 comments Thanks so much! I will check it out...

message 10: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ (karlynp) | 17 comments You are welcome. If you do enjoy this in audio format, I recommend you get the remaining downloads from Audible.com as they will be much cheaper than iTunes. But Audible isn't offering book 1 for free.

message 11: by Narnies (new)

Narnies I'm still not convinced Barrons the UK, the UK always came across as pretty crazy and Barrons is definately all there. I keep thinking that maybe he's a keeper of the Fae or something, or what the Hunters are to the Sidhe seers.

But it still doesnt quite sound right.. oh well, il continue to dream about him until Shadowfever comes out ;D

message 12: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ (karlynp) | 17 comments Hey Ariana- I getchya, but I am so far beyond convinced that Barrons is the UnSeelie King (sp?) you would have to sell me hard on any other theory. However, the bigger questions still remains on who and what everyone else is!! I think Mac is going to be our biggest surprise. I bet when we learn more about her bio-family we will learn alot!!

message 13: by Narnies (new)

Narnies I guess it does answer some questions as to why the Hunters do what he wants and everything pretty much leaves him alone. But who's Riordan to him then?

message 14: by Lara (new)

Lara (elbe) | 7 comments The UK?? Hmmmm. I just got done reading the series, again and I'm still leaning towards Barrons NOT being the UK. I remember reading clues that I thought were obvious to making him not be the UK, but of course right now I can't remember them :). The part where he gets defensive with Mac over the UK's Concubine killing herself due to what her King had become??? Yeah - that screams UK to me, but I think he's attitude came from something related in his life - otherwise I don't believe he would have dropped the subject.

Do you guys remember the part where Dani photoed the pages of some book in Rowena's desk. It was about a boy child that the Princess kept as a pet and he recorded details about the Fae? He watched what happened to his fellow humans and when he 'started to grow manly hair on his chest' the Princess turned her attention back to him? It never said what happened to that boy - Mac only assumed he had died. What was the relevance of that?? I can't help but think it was Barrons himself??

And the Scenes where Mac pushes into his mind?? The child in his arms? Or the one where he is back in court - they don't recognize him (the princess' pet from years ago?) and he kills the princess? I don't know!! I've just got this feeling the Fae destroyed his life and the lives of those close to him. Could the men involved have done some sort of 'soul-trading' think W/ the UK and now Barrons needs the book to end the curse and get his 'soul back'?? Did anyone read To Tame a Highland Warrior?? As in calling on the 'Beserker' like Grimm did - could Barrons and his men be something along those lines? What do you guys think?

message 15: by Narnies (new)

Narnies I'm still partly convinced that the beast is Barrons but he's not going to die due to what Barrons said about not believing something was dead until yadda yadda yadda. I'm kind of thinking that maybe Barrons and his little man gang ALL become a beast but need one of them to stay human to bring the other back. It's just the little things that convince me about it, like how when Mac was out of it and having sex with him she'd call him her "beast" and how she looks at him outside the bookstore with such emotion and he gets all predatory, and in his memories as he kills the old man and enjoys it.
Maybe he is the boy from the cage, but maybe he was the first of the unseelie as well? I don't know. And i should really stop looking at these threads because i keep on thinking about it when i know that i wont get a real answer until next year!....

Dammit.

message 16: by Brandy *Ahviel* (new)

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 57 comments I am doing the audible.com. I am loving it right now. I am still working my way through the Highlander series. So I am not going to make any judgements till i get all the way through. But I am starting to make some... but I think they might take a life of their own once i get into the fever series. we will see

message 17: by Lara (new)

Lara (elbe) | 7 comments Ariana I definitely agree - I don't think the beast being anyone else but Barrons even makes any sense. I don't know exactly what he is....I just don't get a big 'he's the UK feeling'. Maybe it's denial?? And yes a whole year is just WRONG to do to us :)!!

I think I definitely need to check out audible.com - I'm going through the Highlanders now and heard the audios are really good!

message 18: by *Ash* (new)

*Ash* (ashdex) | 6 comments I feel as though Barrons is the same as Circenn is in "The Highlanders Touch". Which is a Brude. I don't know why I think this is what he is but perhaps he is a child of Circenn and Lisa. Just a thought.

message 19: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Orlich Ahern (kittymeowxcore) | 68 comments Interesting. That would connect even more of the Highlander books with the Fever series.

message 20: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (alannarey) | 34 comments Wow I really never thought of it that way.

message 21: by Tatu (new)

lol.. that would explain why speaks kinda funny and looks as if hes really old (probably because of the time traveling thingy) and why he knows so much about faes... lol.. thats a good one..

message 22: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) *Ash* wrote: "I feel as though Barrons is the same as Circenn is in "The Highlanders Touch". Which is a Brude. I don't know why I think this is what he is but perhaps he is a child of Circenn and Lisa. Just a th..."

I find alot of similiarities in personality between Cinn and Barrons and also between Grimm and Barrons. Moning's male main characters often think the worst of themselves, keep their past and who they are secretive from the women they love because of fear of scaring them -- and to protect them. I am guessing Barrons character is similiar in that respect. I don't believe he will be inhuman (i.e. Fae or from another planet or even a vampire). I think he is human with superhuman powers (maybe an ancient druid turned sorcerer ala Cian).

message 23: by *Ash* (new)

*Ash* (ashdex) | 6 comments Its going to be a relief when it finally comes out what he is... I'm looking forward to that day and finding out who the beast is.

message 24: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (alannarey) | 34 comments Regina wrote: "*Ash* wrote: "I feel as though Barrons is the same as Circenn is in "The Highlanders Touch". Which is a Brude. I don't know why I think this is what he is but perhaps he is a child of Circenn and L..."

You know I saw that too. They all think that they are monsters, (maybe not that extreme, but close) They really dont want to commit to a relationship and are trying to be noble. Its sweet but gets really annoying sometimes. It also doesnt help when the women really dont cooraperate.

message 25: by Brandy *Ahviel* (new)

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 57 comments I never thought of it that way, but wow. But here is a thought what if he is Adam Black's son? Just a thought. The queen loved Adam. And in Adam's story at the end his daughter could see the queen

message 26: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (alannarey) | 34 comments It would make a whole bunch of sense, because if you really look deep into the books you can see a lot of similarities between the books!

message 27: by Tatu (new)

hmm.. brandy.. could be circenn´s half brother... lol.. one of many...

message 28: by Brandy *Ahviel* (new)

Brandy *Ahviel* (ahviel) | 57 comments Tatu,
that is a good point. I don't think I can wait till Nov Dec for the book. there is too much speculation that can be had

message 29: by Tatu (new)

haha.. lol.. i know, right?lol.. im suffering a little bit of abstinence.. lol.. i feel as if ive read EVERYTHING i own!! i need something new, like right now.. lol..