Read With Jenna (Official) discussion

September: The Dearly Beloved > Share your thoughts about The Dearly Beloved

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Hager (jennabushhager) | 174 comments Mod
Tell us what you think as you read along.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments Just started reading “The Dearly Beloved” this evening.

“Only empathy allows us to see clearly. Only compassion brings lasting change.”

Spot on! A great reminder at the start and end of every day.

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather McC (heather-mcc) | 2 comments Just finished the book and it was very thought provoking in terms of advocacy, faith, and family.

message 4: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl Jenna, thank you for all you are doing. I am so impressed with you and your book selections. I have watched you and your sister grow up and I am so impressed by both of you. I am a strong Democrat, and am impressed by everything you and your family does. Truth, honesty, hard work and good values are beyond anything partisan. Again, thank you.

Sarah, you absolutely nailed it on this book! I am printing those two sentences for daily inspiration.

Heather, I agree with you. Thanks to all the ladies and readers out there. We can make a better world.

message 5: by Lo (new)

Lo One of the best books I’ve read in a long time... has lots to think about, mull over as well provoking thoughts that seem to percolate for long periods of time....a must read on all levels

Kathleen T Whimple | 2 comments Beautiful story. As a mother of an autistic child I can't imagine receiving such a diagnosis in that age. I've been fortunate to have support to give my child the best life possible. He is now a successful young college student. As with the characters in this story, giving up on him was never an option.