This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
touchy feely people

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hertzan (new)

Hertzan Chimera (hertzanchimera) actually, I love touchy feely people, the touchy-feelier the better -- what I really HATE are those sneering, don't-wanna-touch-you-like-you've-got-the-plague people. I know certain people had bad experiences in childhood and don't like to be reminded of such 'human contact'.

But I'm talking about the normal majority. UK is full of these 'raising a hand to say hello is all you usually get', we rarely touch, we're not a very touchy-feely nation. In France it's all kisses, touching and cuddles. Great fun.

I was in a writer photoshoot once and some woman writer beside me in the line-up was actually squeezing my bottom. I turned to her, she's smiling. Great fun.

etc....

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments what the fuck is wrong with french people???

message 3: by The Crimson Fucker (last edited Mar 14, 2008 11:43AM) (new)

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments I'm with KD if i don't know you don't fucking touch me IDK where you been...

message 4: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Ignore the boys Mike, I get what you mean. I was married to one of your countrymen once upon a time. I would ask him to hold my hand and he would say, "Why, what's wrong?" Nothing was wrong...just needed a little human contact - freak!

I indoctrinated my friends over there, now they all greet with hugs and kisses!

Oh, shut up both of you, you'd hold my hand and you know it!

message 5: by Meels (last edited Mar 14, 2008 11:59AM) (new)

Meels (amelia) Donald, are you slipping?...see message 2...I can't believe you passed that up!

message 6: by Hertzan (new)

Hertzan Chimera (hertzanchimera) oh, cool, we all hate the French? Sorry, I married one and am not a fan of racism. It's a round world last time I looked.

:)

message 7: by Meels (last edited Mar 14, 2008 01:52PM) (new)

Meels (amelia) Mike, really, it was a stupid joke from a couple of days ago. I shouldn't have brought it up. Donald LOVES the French and can give you a listing of atributes...trust me!

I have never been to France (the Brit husband detested them and would never go) and I don't know many French people, one really and I adore her, so I wouldn't say that I "hate the French" at all. I may not agree with all of their politics...but I don't agree with ours either!

Mostly I would love to go to France, great wine, cheese, art and a generally "groovy" vibe according to Eddie Izzard - who is my guru.

message 8: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) French is not a RACE for the love of god people! Hello!!!

and PULEEZE.... give me a break... "won't somebody think of the French? they have been so oppressed! Oh those poor, white, Northern European colonialists!! Don't pick on the poor French!! They have it so hard!!" :::retch:::

seriously.

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Well... Charisa I do hate the French... they act like they smarter than everyone else, they think they food be the greatest and they smell like their cheese... I hate em I hate em!

message 10: by Hertzan (new)

Hertzan Chimera (hertzanchimera) guys, go make your I HATE THE FRENCH discussion. The funny thing about all this is, you know who beat the migrant Europeans who beat the Native American Indians to a possible claim as the first Americans? The ancient French. It was a group of hunter-gatherers in the last Ice Age from what is now the Bordeaux area of France. They took the Atlantic jet route which took them coastally via Greenland down through Canada and into the fertile pastures of 'some part of North America'. Ancient artefacts have recently been unearthed that prove America belongs to the French.

cheers, and have fun

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments mike.... thank god I'm dominican....

message 12: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) Mike... seeing as those 'ancient French' are, well, dead... and we're not... I would say that America belongs to... Americans. Your logic does not resemble our earth logic.

message 13: by Hertzan (last edited Mar 15, 2008 02:17AM) (new)

Hertzan Chimera (hertzanchimera) flabbergasted by your indifferences

actually, "France" or "The French" didn't exist until 'some time in the latter part of that history book I never got round to reading'. The USA belongs to no-one, as you'll all see when the waters claim the coastlines and the size and shape and ephemeral boundaries of USA are inflicted upon by the warming of globalness. Soon there may be no USA and no record of its people.

But that's not the point, the point is, "I hate folk who don't like to be touched and hugged and kissed." Join with me, in a mano-a-mano-or-other embrace and let's eradicate non-touch-ism from planet sarcasm.

:0)

The Crimson Fucker (tcf123) | -3 comments Mike, if you trying to promote some sort of new hippie move thing... forget about it... I notice most people be like me when it comes to that... if I don’t know you stay the fuck away from me after that sure I’ll hug you and kiss you

message 15: by Hertzan (new)

Hertzan Chimera (hertzanchimera) "Hippy move thing"? laughing my ass off at that.

You guys sure make my day.

thanks

message 16: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) pretty soon the USA will belong to China and all the hippies will be the first to be lined up against a wall and shot. Just sayin.

Servius  Heiner I would call that a valid point.

message 18: by Hertzan (last edited Mar 15, 2008 12:19PM) (new)

Hertzan Chimera (hertzanchimera) I'm touching you with the fleshiness of my English mind.

message 19: by Hertzan (last edited Mar 15, 2008 12:54PM) (new)

Hertzan Chimera (hertzanchimera) enjoy the moment while I search the internet for edible snails

message 20: by Howard (new)

Howard (howardmittelmark) It's disconcerting how much of our world is built on the two legal principles, "I was here first" and "I'm bigger than you."

message 21: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) I don't think "I'm bigger than you" is a legal principle, I think it's a law of physics. I think the law was invented to try and offset the physics of "I'm bigger than you". The pen is mightier than the sword and all that.

But yes, "I was here first" is definitely a point of law. Mainly because someone bigger will always eventually come along.

For most of the early part of my life I resonated much more with the Native American point of view about land... you cannot own Mother Earth. But as I've gotten older it's become more and more important to me that other people leave me the fuck alone and stay on their side of the line, so I have come to appreciate the rule of law. But... it is sad that human nature makes that so necessary. The again... being a tiger isn't much better.

message 22: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Sometimes I am down with the whole "I am an Island" thing...other times, I want to snuggle.

I get Mike's point though, most Brits are very cold when it comes to human contact. After three years of marriage when the man hugged me it was still like hugging a cardboard cut-out of a man! I honestly think that he was just uncomfortable with it. I come from a very tactile family myself and I just couldn't seem to understand his "Britishness" - amongst other things. He was a great guy in a lot of ways, but there is just something about physical contact (without definite purpose) that made the man tense up! Weird!

I remember after I lived there the first time, a friend of mine told me that he thought it was so weird how us Americans were always hugging everyone. But, then he missed us when we were gone, and noticed that our group of friends had adopted this "American" way of greeting, and he was glad.

message 23: by Hertzan (new)

Hertzan Chimera (hertzanchimera) ...Americans hug all the time?

(organises a transAtlantic airplane ticket, despite the enlargement of his Carbon Footprint)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Even though my last name means 'death' in French, I'll hug ya Mike. (But you're going to have to look elsewhere for the legendary 'bottom squeezing').

message 25: by Hertzan (new)

Hertzan Chimera (hertzanchimera) fair enough, Steve

Servius  Heiner The pen is mightier then the sword... That proverb always made me chuckle. Yes pens write laws. However there is no law when an army is resting its boots outside your front door.

message 27: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) true enough Nick... that's why laws generally have an army or two to back them up. and also why when Ceasar crossed the Rubicon, Rome was fucked.

message 28: by Hertzan (new)

Hertzan Chimera (hertzanchimera) remember Madame Guillotine.

;)

message 29: by Tracy (new)

Tracy amy, i love the eddie izzard is your guru. i think we should start a cult following.

message 30: by Charissa (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) if we're worshipping Eddie Izzard I'm in. I would so do him!!!

message 31: by Meels (new)

Meels (amelia) Tracy & Char, I'm in! I was so excited the other night I saw that he was actually coming to Portland in July! I hastily pre-bought tickets...orchestra level!!!! Yay me!!!!!

I have never seen him live, so I'm freakin a little with excitement. My problem is...more people want to go with me than I have tickets...

I would only find him attractive in drag...as a man he's a little dumpy. Does that make me a latent lesbian? I don't think so, cause boobs do NOTHING for me, even when he's all dolled up, I know that he has an outie, not an innie.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.