Books and Jams Readalong discussion

I Was Anastasia - Sept > Who's Here?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Krista (new)

Krista (booksandjams) | 746 comments Mod
Hello! Welcome to another month of reading together! I am so very excited to get to this book that I've heard such good things about. Who is here to read with us this month?

Sept is the start of Fall, so here's the big question for you...
Apple or Pumpkin??

Haha. Let the debate begin!
I am most definitely apple and not pumpkin. I love apple everything. Apple Pie, Apple Cider, Apple scented candles, apple crisp, apple oatmeal. Yum to all of it! How about you!?

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim Kantor (kimkantor) | 92 comments I’m here, from southern Washington State. And I like either, depending on what it’s for. To eat: Apple all the way. Don’t care for pumpkin at all to eat. But I do love the smell of pumpkin candles, pumpkin pie baking, etc. waiting on delivery of this month’s book! 🤓

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky Courage | 10 comments I'm here and have this month's pick on hold at the library.

Can I switch things up and say Strawberry Rhubarb? Yum.

message 4: by Berna (new)

Berna | 64 comments I am here and even started the book.

I really love pumpkin desert but other than that I prefer apples :)

message 5: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 57 comments I am not able to join this month but I will say I like them both. Pumpkin bread is one of my favorites but I love a good apple crisp or fresh made apple sauce.

message 6: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra (chicarita) | 10 comments I'm here and I'm really looking forward to reading this book. I have loved all the books that have been chosen since I joined this summer!
Answer to your question: Apple, for sure! Fall is my favorite season. I'm full of frenetic energy just thinking about it. :)

message 7: by Debbi (new)

Debbi Faust | 164 comments I am here and I have started the book too. I don't know if I like how the time line keeps changing but I am only 69 pages into the story.

I am a pumpkin girl. The interesting thing is I didn't even like pumpkin until I was in my 30's. Now I can't get enough. Pumpkin chocolate cookies are my favorite. Oh and pumpkin pie. :-)

Happy fall reading everyone.

message 8: by Terri (new)

Terri  (tee_reads) | 57 comments I'm here! Struggling to stay awake to read at night but really liking what I've read so far.
I love just about everything apple but pumpkin muffins and pumpkin cheesecake rock! Now I'm craving pumpkin muffins.......

message 9: by Nessie (new)

Nessie | 13 comments Hello! I'm here from Eastern Tennessee just waiting for my book from Amazon . I'm apple all the way. I love fall it's my favorite season! Can't wait to dive into this months selection.

message 10: by Nessie (new)

Nessie | 13 comments oh my goodness why does it do this to me. I hit post once and it posts a dozen times. It's so aggravating

message 11: by Jeanette (new)

Jeanette I’m here from Oregon. I’m pumpkin all the way! I’ve started the book and am enjoying it so far.

message 12: by Candi (new)

Candi (candilovesbooks) Hi. I am here and hoping I can keep on time with this book. Shame on me I am still finishing the two previous ones. I love apple and I like pumpkin. Pumpkin for me starts toward the end of October into November.

message 13: by melodie (new)

melodie b | 9 comments total both love smell taste all

message 14: by Mel (new)

Mel I'm here. Pure apple would be my choice. But I like pumpkin cheese cake. It's a very guilty pleasure.

message 15: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Herschberger | 2 comments I'm here from northwestern Pennsylvania, where the maples are just starting to turn! I love all things fall and anything apple or pumpkin. Looking forward to this month's read!

message 16: by Kate (new)

Kate | 39 comments I am here from Niagara Falls, Canada and excited to start this book. I love baking in fall and winter. I am definitely more of an apple crisp or apple pie person, but like pumpkin in savory dishes. Can't wait to start the discussion.

message 17: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Tavares  | 20 comments I've picked up my copy at the library and plan on starting this weekend. I love all things fall! I say apple everything in September into early October. From then until December, pumpkin all the way. I live in Massachusetts so fall activities reign supreme!

message 18: by Lu (new)

Lu (librogeek) | 7 comments Hey!

I'm an apple girl. :-) So, I ordered this book from Book Outlet an eternity ago (lol) and it just arrived today! I'll be diving in later this evening!

message 19: by Debbi (new)

Debbi Faust | 164 comments I really am excited to start the discussion.

message 20: by Robin (new)

Robin (hkprettyinpink) | 2 comments I’m here and excited to join along in this read . I’m definitely a Pumpkin 🎃 EVERYTHING girl ❤️. Candles, lotions and Coffee. What ever I can find Pumpkin related I’ll try . Thanks for having me here .

message 21: by Beth (new)

Beth McCraw (betharina74) I’m here and definitely going to try to keep up with a read-along this time! I’m definitely an Apple girl here!!

message 22: by Diana S (new)

Diana S | 8 comments I'm here. I just got my book from the library. I love Ariel Lawson's books. I have read her other two books. ♡ them all

Apple/ Pumpkin?
I like both. But apparel to pumpkin, considering my grandkids call me Pumpkin instead of grandma. :D

message 23: by Gail (new)

Gail (fictionbookwurm) | 2 comments I'm here! I'm from central Illinois and I eat an apple almost every day, so I'm going with apple!