The Backlot Gay Book Forum discussion

Author-specific Discussions > Richard K. Flowers

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Richard (last edited Sep 04, 2019 07:40AM) (new)

Richard Flowers | 2 comments Behind the Wainscoting

I wanted to write a ghost mystery where the main characters were gay. This is not a romance, it's a spooky mystery. I tried to handle the gay aspect of the novel very low key and natural. It does play a relatively important part in the plot. I'd like to encourage everyone who enjoys ghost stories to check out my new book. The e-book can be obtained through Amazon and the audio version, which I narrated myself, is available on Audiobooks dot com.

I was born visually impaired in 1957. I have five college degrees in Journalism, Spanish Language, and Education. I worked in radio twelve years. Now I'm a webmaster. Through it all, I have enjoyed writing. This is the first work I've ever published, but according to my friends, the writing is good and so is the story.

Thank you for checking out this new book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did writing it.

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 7 comments Hi. I'm not a gay brother, but I am a staunch ally who loves a good ghost story. This sounds really good, so I'm definitely going to check it out.

message 3: by Richard (new)

Richard Flowers | 2 comments I'm sorry! I should have worded that differently. I appreciate your interest. I wrote the story in such a way that anyone should enjoy it without being offended. I wanted the gay aspect there but not in everyone's face. I hope I achieved my goal. Again, thanks for your interest!

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 7 comments No need to apologize! I wasn't at all offended :)