Sword Of Truth discussion

The Law of Nines

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily Diehl (new)

Emily Diehl | 4 comments I was wondering if anyone has read The Law of Nines by Goodkind,
and what did you think of it?

(I have read it by the way)

message 2: by Craig (new)

Craig (digitalcraig) Yes, I finished it a couple of days after release. I think it's definitely an interesting direction for Goodkind to go. Overall, I enjoyed it and it will be interesting to see where he goes with the next one. I've heard this one sets us up for more in in the series and I've heard the next one will have no ties whatsoever and will just be a pure thriller.

Have you seen the short film based on the book?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ8cJX...

message 3: by Meeka (new)

Meeka | 3 comments I just got the book from the library can't wait to start it. Heard it was fairly good.

message 4: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Kaupp | 5 comments I enjoyed it...there were enough nods to SOT series that it made me happy, and the story was good as well. I thought it was over too fast, though. Seemed like a long book, but it was fast...maybe it had larger print than the others?

message 5: by Emily Diehl (new)

Emily Diehl | 4 comments lol, I agree Meredith. I thought it sort of just ended quickly

message 6: by Meeka (new)

Meeka | 3 comments Your both so right...took no time @all to finish once I started

message 7: by Cody (new)

Cody (snakewind) | 14 comments I'm a little slow reader tho. I like to keep every detail in my mind without skipping it. I don't know why I did, but I just do. I have all time :) And yes it did ended it that quick, lol!

message 8: by Marina (new)

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 98 comments It was OK, but definitely not as good as the main series. I wish he would have done more with the characters and some of the concepts. Also the references to the main series were frustrating. It seems Richard's world didn't work out as well as we thought? Why? We are just left to wonder.

message 9: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Kaupp | 5 comments It sounds like it was really good for a long, long time, though. They barely even remember anything about "Lord Rahl" and Kahlan's name wasn't even mentioned. The golden age appears to have lasted thousands of years, maybe. That's a pretty good run! :)

message 10: by Marina (new)

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 98 comments Yeah you can't really compare. It's set in the real world and the characters are not as developed. You should just think of it as a supernatural thriller in its own right, and as such it's not bad.

message 11: by Jeff (last edited Sep 04, 2011 07:05AM) (new)

Jeff Curtis (jcurtis) | 2 comments I brought this book just because I saw that Terry Goodkind wrote it...I thought it was a new direction he was taking and then I started seeing references to SOT and I thought neat, is this a continuation from SOT...I remembered that Richard created two worlds at the end of SOT one with magic and one without, is this Law of Nines happening in the world Richard created without magic?...am I wrong...somebody please tell me.

message 12: by Marina (new)

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 98 comments You are right.

message 13: by Eddie (new)

Eddie Novak (eddien) | 6 comments The nines are backwards!!!!

message 14: by AndrewP (new)

AndrewP (andrewca) | 67 comments I just picked this up but I have a question. Should I finish the Sword of Truth series before reading The Law of Nines? So far I have only read up to book 6 but have the rest waiting in the wings.

message 15: by Marina (new)

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 98 comments I think you'll appreciate it better knowing everything that happened in SoT. Besides, why would you want to interrupt reading the best series ever???

message 16: by AndrewP (new)

AndrewP (andrewca) | 67 comments Masha wrote: "I think you'll appreciate it better knowing everything that happened in SoT. Besides, why would you want to interrupt reading the best series ever???"

Thanks, that's all I needed to know. I will wait until I have finished the series before reading Law of Nines.

message 17: by Cody (new)

Cody (snakewind) | 14 comments I think there something about the Omen Machine. I understood is a magic game was the Omen Machine, but what can Omen Machine can do? Think about it. Richard and Kahlan will come back to Omen Machine and figured it out. I could be wrong, it can be something else where Terry would surprise us.

message 18: by Amber (new)

Amber (ivorydoom) | 53 comments Wow - that made almost no sense whatsoever....

message 19: by Cody (new)

Cody (snakewind) | 14 comments I know right... it gotta be something else lol!