Artemis masterminds discussion

Eoin Colfer

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Logan (new)

Logan | 15 comments hey everybody to start this disscussion his name is pronounced Owen i only know that cause i visited his sight

message 2: by Diana (new)

Diana | 210 comments Mod
Yep! I did too. That's so cool that he is Irish! He is my favorite author, because I not only love the AF series but his other novels too. I think that Colfer is such a great author because he is really good at putting in action, humor, and suspense while also showing circumstances that teach life lessons subtly. I love the fact that no matter how many times you read the books, you can always find something new or a new thing that makes you think.

message 3: by Logan (new)

Logan | 15 comments I know i really wanna read the other books of his but i have soooo much to read it just too much i have a long list at home of books to read

message 4: by Diana (new)

Diana | 210 comments Mod
Me too.

message 5: by Logan (new)

Logan | 15 comments and i really want to read the Wish List i read the first chapter and it was really good i am going to ask the librarian at my school if we have it when i get done with the book i am reading

message 6: by Araceli (new)

Araceli It didn't know it was pronounced Owen. I always thought it was like " EE-O-IN."

Guess not!

message 7: by Logan (new)

Logan | 15 comments i know it is so cool i did too then i visited his sight and saw it said it's pronounced owen not eoin!!!!

message 8: by Carly (new)

Carly | 145 comments i have heard both

message 9: by Araceli (new)

Araceli Huh! That's cool to know!

message 10: by Logan (new)

Logan | 15 comments well anyway it is still interesting!!! and thats what his official sight says so thats what it must be!

message 11: by Araceli (new)

Araceli Yup

message 12: by Logan (new)

Logan | 15 comments yah he is one of the best writers that i know of!

message 13: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 111 comments Mod
i think colfers cool cuz i think he really cares about his fans

message 14: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Savita (haltranger) | 308 comments Mod
The Wish List was really good. So was Half Moon Investigations. And Airman was really good.

message 15: by Diana (new)

Diana | 210 comments Mod
Airman was AWESOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 16: by Brianne (new)

Brianne (iliketoreadbooks) | 111 comments Mod
loved airman.

message 17: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Yeah it was great.

TheDigressiveApproach i thought Airman, Wish List AND Supernaturalist were awesome!
But Half Moon Investi was a little kiddy in sum places...but i still think Colfer ROCKS!
And i can't wait for Supernaturalist 2 and AF7 to cum out!!

message 19: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

I know!!!! Has anyone else noticed most good authors are Irish?

message 20: by Diana (new)

Diana | 210 comments Mod
I think he's the only Irish author I know. Unless you count Rick Riordan lol.
I haven't read Wish List yet but I checked it out of my library. Currently I'm hacking away at the Pendragon series.
I didn't think that Half Moon Investigations was kiddy. On the contrary, I thought it was really deep and complex. I guess it seems childish because of the ages of the characters and its simple...vocabulary, I guess. But that seemed like a facade to me because there was so much thinking involved and a TON of character development with Half-Moon. It was one of those books that really made me think (ok, what Colfer book hasn't done that?) and the emotions were really intense for me. It blew me away.
Supernaturalist seemed the most kiddish to me because I didn't pull any lessons out of it and the characters seemed to have no self control or honesty. The action seemed a little forced. But it was still a good book, and even though I was able to predict a major plot twist, I still liked it because I NEVER can figure out what's going to happen in a book so I was all proud of myself. :D I'm glad there's going to be a second book. I hadn't heard about that; do you know when it comes out?
Airman is my all-time favorite of Eoin Colfer's, perhaps even more so than AF. I hope there is no sequel made because it is something in its own solitary world that transcends all...well I'm not sure what genre to call it. I liked the torture, both physical and emotional. And then there's the character development and the love story. I guess the love wasn't really played out to its fullest extent, but this book isn't supposed to be a romance anyway. I was EXTREMELY impressed with how Conor Broekhart claimed victory. The Broekhart/Finn thing was awesome. I heart Conor!

TheDigressiveApproach I couldn't agree more on the Airman part...writing another part would just ruin the effect.
Supernaturalist 2 will come out some time this year...can't wait!
And The Atlantis Complex comes out this year on July 20!!!AHHH!!!

message 22: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Airman was amazing. Um, Michael Scott, and there's whole bunch of others.
C.S. Lewis
Bram Stoker
Oscar Wilde

message 23: by Diana (new)

Diana | 210 comments Mod
I've only read Michael Scott and C.S. Lewis out of that list (but I didn't read all of the Narnia books).

message 24: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Well, you've read Eoin Colfer too...

message 25: by Diana (new)

Diana | 210 comments Mod
I haven't read Bram Stoker or Oscar Wilde.

message 26: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Stoker wrote Dracula.

TheDigressiveApproach I've read Dracula and it's the one book that actually scared me

message 28: by Savita, There is nothing I do better than revenge (new)

Ha ha. I never read it.