Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > add my new book

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan Robinson | 8 comments I can't figure out how to add my new book to my author page. I filled out the "add book" form, but it says the book already exists and I should search for it. I searched and found it, but still can't see how to add it.

Also, is there any way to fix the ?s in the book title and description? It is in Spanish, and the ?s should be accent marks.

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17129 comments If the book exists, you wouldn't want to add it. It just has to be moved, which I have done.

I'll see what I can do about the special characters.

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17129 comments Fixed the special text.

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan Robinson | 8 comments Thank you, thank you!!!

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan Robinson | 8 comments Oops! I don't see the new book on my page, and now my Kindle book is missing.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan Robinson | 8 comments Thanks for fixing the accents--the text is easy to read now!

message 7: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17129 comments There should be three editions here:

https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

If there aren't, please give it a day or so to appear.

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan Robinson | 8 comments They aren't showing up yet, but I'll wait like you suggested. Thanks!

message 9: by Emily (new)

Emily | 13149 comments There are three editions on the link that Scott posted above. Which one(s) is missing?
The ones that are showing are the English paperback, English Kindle, and Spanish paperback.

message 10: by Susan (new)

Susan Robinson | 8 comments Those are my only books. They do show up on the link Scott provided, but not on my profile or author dashboard.

message 11: by Scott (new)

Scott | 17129 comments They are all the same book, so they are only going to show once on your profile.

No idea how dashboard works but it is presumably the same.

message 12: by Emily (last edited Sep 04, 2019 10:26AM) (new)

Emily | 13149 comments In small gray print below the main edition you will see where it says Published 2019, "3 Editions" and you can click on it to see all of them. As Scott says, only one cover will actually show. :-)

message 13: by Susan (new)

Susan Robinson | 8 comments Ok, now I get it. Thanks for persevering with me!