SCPL Online NonFiction Book Club discussion

Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother's Will to Survive
This topic is about Maid
Maid > Welcome

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SCPL (new) - added it

SCPL (st_catharines_public_library) | 542 comments Mod
Good afternoon! My name is Diana and I'll be leading this month’s discussion of the book Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay and a Mother’s Will to Survive by Stephanie Land. It’s hard to believe September is here already, but I hope everyone had a wonderful summer! I am looking forward to getting back into post-summer routines and hoping for an interesting discussion this month.

Maid is a timely and candid memoir that explores the struggles of a single mother attempting to scrape her way out of poverty while working tirelessly to clean the houses of her middle class neighbours. The Goodreads reviews for this title are rather mixed, so I am looking forward to hearing what you think!

We have several copies of Maid still available – please click the link for more details: https://bit.ly/2lXWbjD

If you’ve already started reading, please feel free to introduce yourself and share your first impressions!

Keely (kaymvr) | 4 comments Hi Diana,
I thought Maid was good, and probably one of the more thought-provoking books I've read this year. I'm looking forward to hearing what others think about it!
Keely

message 3: by SCPL (new) - added it

SCPL (st_catharines_public_library) | 542 comments Mod
Hi Keely! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it and I agree - the book definitely gives readers a lot to think about so I hope that makes for a great discussion this month :) Thanks for sharing your thoughts!