Point Blank discussion

Featured Novels > My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Geoff (new)

Geoff Smith (oncewewerefiction) | 124 comments Mod
Next on Kurt and Justin's world tour - Lagos!

message 2: by Kurt (new)

Kurt (aquaranger) | 44 comments I’m half way through and really enjoying this.

message 3: by Geoff (last edited Sep 05, 2019 05:43AM) (new)

I want to say thanks for choosing a cheap book. I just picked this up for 99p. Pretty good so far.

message 4: by Geoff (new)

I'm about 25% through MSTSK and I'm enjoying it. It's an easy read, and there are are a few great lines. I am enjoying the relationship between the sisters. In some ways the book reminds me of Queenpin, in the way the narrator grudgingly worships Ayoola. The dynamic feels a bit similar.

message 5: by Justin (new)

Justin | 95 comments Yeah, this is a taut little number. Stream-lined. High tension. I liked it., but I wished for more Lagos.

message 6: by Geoff (new)

I'm about half way through. I'm still feeling the similarities with Queenpin - the awestruck, corrupted narrator and the worldly, glamorous other woman, the symbol of the world's corrupting influence. Just gonna say I really like the sparseness of the setting.

message 7: by Geoff (new)

I've just finished this. I loved the short chapters. I loved the direct writing. I really enjoyed the relationship between the sisters and Tade. I liked the reflections on Femi - the moral conscience of the novel, and Muhatar - the guilt and fear. I really liked it. Almost five stars. For me it was a bit of a non-ending, that felt a little like 'They Shoot Horses...' but not quite as powerful.